The Rubicon......

James K

NO, I'm always like this
4th of july 2000, yes it was.

2001 was nice we had the whole trail to our selves.

Well except for the bears in camp:eek:

The temps at night where like 75 plus. There was a fire restriction in place so the mosquitos (sp) at night sucked.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by sukaB
Fat bastard and the boys would love to have
utah fresh meat out there...
We are going to head over after one of the cal rock events....

But I will definetely run this year.....

If jeremy goes with us we need a hockey goalie to bring his bucket "O" pucks......:D

It's nice to know I've earned a spot in your ribbing section...Beeatch!:D

Turbobob

Semper Fi
Originally posted by James K
4th of july 2000, yes it was.

2001 was nice we had the whole trail to our selves.

Well except for the bears in camp:eek:

The temps at night where like 75 plus. There was a fire restriction in place so the mosquitos (sp) at night sucked.

I wonder if the bear's ears are still ringing from the pop tarts he ate!:D

Box Rocket

bored
I'll give a major thumbs up for the Rubicon for you guys that haven't done it before. That trail is sweet!!! It's just a blast taking a few days to drive the trail and have a good time and camp with good company.

I gotta say that 4th of July would be a madhouse out there. I think there is a traditional "party" at the Little Sluice each year that would be a blast to watch if you can find any room to stand close enough to see any of the action. It's just super crowded through most of the summer months.

Our club went out and ran it as a club a couple years ago right after September 11th and there was NO ONE on the trail. A lot of that was probably due to the terrorist attacks, but it was nice to basically have the trail to ourselves. We are planning on going out there again this year at about the same time.

Here's a few pics from the last trip........

danG.jpg

Box Rocket

bored
What do you expect from a club full of Toyotas when a Jeep shows up on the trip?:) :)

The guy that drove this was the son of the guy driving the light blue FJ40 and the dad had that sticker made before the trip and stuck it on during the night.:D

wannabe.jpg

Last edited:

Box Rocket

bored
Last one.............

The little bit of water on the trail is nice too. There are a couple water crossings that can actually be pretty deep if there has been recent rain..

water.jpg

harkinoff

something to do...
do you all have a date yet?, need to plan several months ahead, so the wife and I can get the time off needed to go......

Box Rocket

bored
I've don the trail twice and the first time I went down the Old Sluice. It was a riot. That a sweet section of the trail. But this last time with our club, we went down the slabs.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by harkinoff
do you all have a date yet?, need to plan several months ahead, so the wife and I can get the time off needed to go......

I'm thinking around the end of July, early August. No specific dates, yet.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm down for late Summer/Fall...as long as I have $$$ and school permits. It also depends on if I go with the Wasatch Cruisers or not...either way put me on the mabey list... mabey business will be super this year and I will go twice...:D

marvin

ZINGER
I think that if someone is going, club or not, everyone from this area should be invited if they can make the run, you say the cruisers might be going in sept., well that would be good time for me, so lets maybe plan one with as many people we can, my jeep should done by summer so I'll have plenty of time to break or break it in:)

SeaBass44

Let me know if you make it out, if I can I will give ya the tour;) I did it on 33's no gears lockers 1st year 4 times:D It's only as hard as you make it....most of the time:D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by SeaBass44
Let me know if you make it out, if I can I will give ya the tour;) I did it on 33's no gears lockers 1st year 4 times:D It's only as hard as you make it....most of the time:D

Cool! A local guide...gotta love that. I hope I can still go with the job situation....It'll be kind of touch-and-go so I really can't commit on my time.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by SeaBass44

Awsome! That would make it even funner! Thanks for the offer, we'll keep you posted.