They zoom in on Provo...lol

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I don't know where this band The Postal Service is from but in their video they zoom in from space on provo...pretty funny. I was up late at work watching Fuse and this video was on...the song is different, and the video is kinda cool...Maybe this was filmed where Greg used to work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cuLTSonU5g

I think they're zooming in on SLC. You can see the U on the hill, and it's next to the lake.

I thought Postal Service was from southern California? It's the guy from Death Cab for Cutie. They just know that SLC rocks.

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
Brett said:
That's Utah valley....too far south to be the Salt Lake valley
Without a doubt, that's clearly Utah Lake.

Attached is the parcel they zoom in on, but they've overlayed it with a wafer diagram in the music vid. Wonder why they chose Provo or this building? :confused:

Attachments

• tps_zoom.jpg
    tps_zoom.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 21

XJchic

Ya its definitely Provo. I worked at a place that had that exact satellite image of Provo-I recognized it right away. I just can't figure out what that building is. . .?

Brad J

Brad said:
Without a doubt, that's clearly Utah Lake.

Attached is the parcel they zoom in on, but they've overlayed it with a wafer diagram in the music vid. Wonder why they chose Provo or this building? :confused:

I used google earth to verify if that was the Delta Center and it is. In the video it looks like they zoom in further south than Utah Lake but no city that big in that area. I think they definatly did some editing.

Attachments

• delta center.jpg
    delta center.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 23

Caleb

yeah, thats for sure the GSL in the pic...not Utah Lake...that's deffintiely not Provo, it's Salt Lake.

GSL.gif

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
:eek: Doh, Google Maps got the best of me. Definitely GSL and Delta Center, not sure how I missed that when grabbing the screenshot of what the video zooms in on. :sick: :eek: