Thinking about selling the 450

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Ill never buy another 250, (of course I am 6'6 and 240lbs,) 250's are too much work to ride, if you ride a 450 properly it feels light.(unless your at stall speed in the rocks) The 250's seldom have the power to carry the front on demand, and always having to ride the pipe and search and time the power. Its easier for me to twist of some when ever I need it. now a KTM 300, might be my next bike, it is light with the power to go with it.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
This may also help..

[video=youtube;yHxDyJTOK04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHxDyJTOK04&feature=youtu.be[/video]

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I've never rode a 450 and don't really care to, if I had any money I would be looking for another 01 cr250.. By far the best 2t I have ever owned, it had enough bottom end to haul me anywhere and would lug like a 4t.. I rarely ride into the night but I would street legal it. I love my bike now and it flat out works on the trails, but I still miss the smoker..

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Thought I'd update this. Last weekend I rode my friends RM250 on cherry creek single track for a couple of hours. It only confused me more. There are things I really liked about his bike but things I really liked about my 450, which I rode the rest of the weekend. I see a two stroke YZ with a steering damper in my future but not now.

My conclusion is I really like riding! I think I will keep the 450, ride cherry creek and Moab area a lot more this fall/winter and just enjoy riding a really nice bike that I know works well and has no maint issues. KISS needs to be applied to more of my life. Riding is more important than what you're riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

solstice

I have a 09 YZ 450 that I recently put a Rekluse in to make it more trail friendly and it makes a huge difference. Last weekend we did Sovereign trail, Golden Spike, Metal Masher and some others and the Rekluse makes the YZ450 an incredible trail bike.

rholbrook

I have a 09 YZ 450 that I recently put a Rekluse in to make it more trail friendly and it makes a huge difference. Last weekend we did Sovereign trail, Golden Spike, Metal Masher and some others and the Rekluse makes the YZ450 an incredible trail bike.

My nephew is looking. WHat you asking?

solstice

I am actually not selling the bike, just suggesting that the OP might try a rekluse because it makes the 450 such a good trail bike for not too much $.