Thinking of moving back to Utah...worried about inspection...

gertsch

In Davis county 89 and older only have to pass tail pipe and I believe it's the same in weber county. I'd have to ask my friend who is an emissions auditor up there to make sure.

Randyzzz

Fully Scrambled
I had it good when I ran Pep Boys...they wouldn't fail the boss's rig. That was then...

I don't have a Cat currently. I deleted the secondary O2 sensors also. I remember my 86 Bronco- failed visual (no cat) but passed tailpipe so it was OK. Does it work the same way still? As long as the tailpipe is clean you're good to go? I know I can tune the engine to pass...

Randyzzz

Fully Scrambled
Well, cr@p. There's a big issue with the shared custody of his daughter if they move out of state. Looks like this is on hold for now. Thanks for all the answers, guys. Maybe someday...

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I believe the county is the only place that can emissions on an engine swap.

As far as I can tell this is correct. I have a 86 CJ-7 with a 97 XJ motor. Most emission places will fail it since it does not have the factory emission equipment. I have to get safety from a regular place then take it to the county for the sniff. Not a big pain and the swap is defiantly worth the hassle.

Concerning the tires, I've seen people pass with cardboard mud flaps. It really depends on how anal the inspector is that day. Nice egg beater. If you want to sell the fenders let me know :)