Thoughts on this '74 bronco?

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
1974 FORD BRONCO, - 3.5 LIFT, 2 BODY, NEW 35, NEW PAINT & INT, NEW AT, NEW DISC BRAKES, RADIATOR, BATTERY DRIVE LINE, NEW DOOR INSERT & SOFT TOP DOORS, SOFT TOP, NEW CD PLAYER, CUSTOM BUMPERS W/ KC LIGHTS AND ROCK SLIDERS, MANY EXTRAS, RUNS PERFECTLY, MUST SEE, asking $5,500

Good deal? How hard is it to put in power brakes?

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Jay5.9L said:
1974 FORD BRONCO, - 3.5 LIFT, 2 BODY, NEW 35, NEW PAINT & INT, NEW AT, NEW DISC BRAKES, RADIATOR, BATTERY DRIVE LINE, NEW DOOR INSERT & SOFT TOP DOORS, SOFT TOP, NEW CD PLAYER, CUSTOM BUMPERS W/ KC LIGHTS AND ROCK SLIDERS, MANY EXTRAS, RUNS PERFECTLY, MUST SEE, asking $5,500

Good deal? How hard is it to put in power brakes?

Only one thing to say..........SCRAMBLER

Jay5.9L

mbryson said:
Only one thing to say..........SCRAMBLER

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Nice memory! I really want the scrambler but th seller is being a pain in the ass. Plus this is local and has an automatic.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
No need for power brakes, set up right it will stop fine....Do rear disc and Wilwood MC and it will stop great. :D
Depending on the body the prices is about average. Make sure it has powersteering, $$$$ to convert, 74 should, but.....
If you have to have power brakes, it is easy, just $$.
Depending on the springs, the lift may need to be swapped, most are stiff.

SnwMnkys

Those yellow springs make me think they are superlift springs, i would ditch them, stick to the Bronco vendor supplied springs only like BCBroncos or Wildhorses. Power brakes is easy, but will cost almost $400 for the bracket and booster. Looks like hes got alot of extra goodies on there that would ad up quick if you had to get them done youreslf.

B-RAD

Broncos are ugly. They look like Scouts :D buy a CJ :D j/k alot of my buddies run early broncos and thats how you get under a bronco owners skin. looks good
check that thing out close it looks like the one, one of my employees was lookin at it leaked like a sive and had a funny knock in the motor. might not be the same one.

Tgure

B-RAD said:
Broncos are ugly. They look like Scouts :D buy a CJ :D j/k alot of my buddies run early broncos and thats how you get under a bronco owners skin. looks good
check that thing out close it looks like the one, one of my employees was lookin at it leaked like a sive and had a funny knock in the motor. might not be the same one.

Sounds like a good deal and looks fairly nice in the photo. The price is about average but if you buy a junker you end up putting alot more than that in it to make it similar. I picked up a 69 for 2500.00 not running quite a bit of rust and no extras rebuilt a motor and converted to AOD from 3sp and am sitting about 5k in so far :/

Jay5.9L

Update:
I have taken it for a test drive twice. Once a few nights ago and once today.
Its drives well, the motor was rebuilt a while ago and run great, starts well and does not smoke. The auto tranny was rebuilt and has a high stall TC, shifts nice and firm. The suspension is james duff but is painted to mach the body (you can see the james duff imprint) There are custom rocker/f/r/ bumpers, and all the lights and **** work. The body and frame have little rust and is herculined inside.

Now the bad: seats are shot, there are spring wedges in the front for some odd reason, the steering shaft from the steering wheel was cut and booty fabed together (stong but ugly). The wost thing I saw is that the front D44 has a big ass beam welded to the bottom. The owner said it was a trail fix in Moab for a broken tube. Other than the axle, the body has some dents but nothing out of the ordinarry. I got him down to $4700. Need imput fast!

Thanks for the help guys :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Jay5.9L said:
Update:
I have taken it for a test drive twice. Once a few nights ago and once today.
Its drives well, the motor was rebuilt a while ago and run great, starts well and does not smoke. The auto tranny was rebuilt and has a high stall TC, shifts nice and firm. The suspension is james duff but is painted to mach the body (you can see the james duff imprint) There are custom rocker/f/r/ bumpers, and all the lights and **** work. The body and frame have little rust and is herculined inside.

Now the bad: seats are shot, there are spring wedges in the front for some odd reason, the steering shaft from the steering wheel was cut and booty fabed together (stong but ugly). The wost thing I saw is that the front D44 has a big ass beam welded to the bottom. The owner said it was a trail fix in Moab for a broken tube. Other than the axle, the body has some dents but nothing out of the ordinarry. I got him down to $4700. Need imput fast!

Thanks for the help guys :D

That's not too bad, but I don't know EB at all. I'd be thinking of a new axle for the front and doing something with that steering :eek: ........................SCRAMBLER

SnwMnkys

If you buy it and want to ditch that front spring setup ive got a nice set of Wildhorses 3.5" coils for sale. 1 of the best coils you can buy for the EBs