GOAT

Back from the beyond
Thanks! Roughly 450 lbs on the front corners and 300 on the rear corners. Plus ~100 lbs on the rear for fuel and gear is what we figured.

Interesting. How did you measure it and have you ordered coils? I need to get some whether or not I keep it.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Interesting. How did you measure it and have you ordered coils? I need to get some whether or not I keep it.

I borrowed a set of coils from Carl and measured how much my rig compressed them. He then did some magic math and bestowed his wise fortune of numbers upon me. I have not ordered yet.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
I borrowed a set of coils from Carl and measured how much my rig compressed them. He then did some magic math and bestowed his wise fortune of numbers upon me. I have not ordered yet.

Carl is cool like that. I must order coils before the god-awful snow hits. We need to chat.

Ford Prefect

Bleeding the air out of a brake pressure switch is a pain in the ass. Anybody have any tips on that? I pressure it and break it loose to squirt the air out but no matter what I keep getting a bubble in there.

I am pretty sure you have likely worked this out already, but just incase someone else reads this thread with the same question...

I personally find that when you are getting bubbles back from the release of pressure you can hook a tube to the release valve. Run that down into a cup full of brake fluid. (well even an inch is enough, just be sure that the hose is under the level of the fluid the entire time.)

Then when it sucks anything back in, all it is getting is fluid. If you have that tube on from the start it will fill with fluid and squeeze out the air just like the brake line does.

That or you can just pump the crap out of the thing for hours on end until you have them all done.

The other thing, which I am sure you knew also, is that you want to be sure to do the lines evenly, IE one line fully primed will get air in it from priming the next line.

As I said, really not for you, I am sure you know all of this, but if someone is searching brake lines and finds this...

By the way, super nice looking buggy, Something I thought I would someday build, sadly my kids do not enjoy wheeling, so we hardly ever go anymore...
Regards,

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thanks for the info. I did end up getting it to work this weekend. I just swapped out my mess of fittings for one that allowed me to mount it right off the master and pointed downward. Bled perfectly after that.

DSC08544.JPG

I also replaced my hydro steering lines with longer ones which allowed me to route them further away from my exhaust manifold. Much better now.

0.25" polycarbonate panels to keep debris and other junk away from the rear passengers.

DSC08536.JPG

Front at ride height. :greg: Waiting on rear coils to show up.

DSC08549.JPG

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Few more updates. Mostly just finishing up small issues here and there and adding some "comfort" items while I wait for other stuff to show up.

Figuring out the rear seat - seat belt issues & car seat secure mounting. I need to pickup smaller seat belts that will fit my 5 year old better.
DSC08553.JPG

Front harnesses mounted.
DSC08554.JPG

Added a fuel gauge! No more dipping a stick into the tanks. :rofl:
DSC08556.JPG

I thought this was cool. These are from polyperformance. They are urethane bushing type things that allow you to run lines securely pretty much anywhere you need. I added in the lower small hole for the brake line just by heating a long skinny punch and pushing it through the urethane. It ended up working much better than I anticipated.
DSC08558.JPG

Comfort additions. My last buggy I had a foot-well type thing in the floor which was really nice to rest my heal against while wheeling. But my seats sat a lot lower to the floor in that rig. So in this one I added a false peddle on the left and a small heal rest on the right for my gas pedal foot. It's really comfy and allows you to brace and control the throttle a lot better while. I highly recommend these "comfort" mods. :D
DSC08560.JPG DSC08562.JPG

These have been on for a while but I don't think I mentioned it in the thread. Cool LED rock lights.
DSC08565.JPG

Here's an under view of my dash. The audio setup was a requirement by Amy. Just takes a 1/8" jack into an amp and directly into those under dash speakers... which used to be just fancy multimedia computer speakers. They sound really good under there. I hope she doesn't play too much chick music... -_-
DSC08567.JPG

Here's the brake switch setup. I also took advantage of it and made it double as my brake sensor for the transmission. Basically the way my aw4 is setup, it has a switch that sits in the 'on' position when the brake is not used. Push the brake in and it opens the circuit. So I decided to just wire in a relay that will be 'normally closed' until the switch enacts it and opens it up, essentially functioning just like the old switch. Hope it works... I'm assuming it has something to do with tc lockup.
DSC08569.JPG

And an early b-day present from my parents. :cool: :greg:
DSC08571.JPG

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Awww yea! :cool:

attachment.php

Rear wheel drive only at the moment. Need a different yoke up front. I thought it was a 1350, turns out it was a 1330. Rollin!

Attachments

• IMG_1239.JPG
    IMG_1239.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_1227.JPG
    IMG_1227.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1245.JPG
    IMG_1245.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1248.JPG
    IMG_1248.JPG