Timmy

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Strangely comforting. Mostly because I think all the greenies coming out to support him is ridiculous and simply shows their ignorance toward reality.

At least he did it in the name of "global warming...":rolleyes:

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
"DeChristopher faces up to 10 years in prison and $750,000 in fines if he is convicted."

So what is the difference between found "guilty" and "convicted"? I assume there is a sentancing process now that will lay the penalty down on him right? I was kind of bummed that he walked out of court today, a trip in the prison bus would have been more fitting.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have friends that I served in the military with that are routing for him... they all seem to think "he will win his appeal seeing the prosecutor left him plenty to appeal..." they all sat and told me how smart and articulate this guy is but then they go and use the ignorance plead to get out of this... what does this say about the guy?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
all the greenies who came here for this, yet have never once set foot on any of Utah's public lands. I hope they enjoyed the hail storm that they caused ;)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That is too bad.. but I hope they ask for at least half. :D and he has to pay restitution. To oil companies. HAHAH that would rock.

ret32

He should be forced to do time at a gas station filling gas tanks and washing windshields and apologizing to each customer for how his actions may have contributed to inflated gas prices.

roverrocks

He needs the full penalty and more!! Acts like his and others (SUWA, etc.) are treasonable as they affect out national security by greatly increasing our dependence on foreign sources of strategic minerals and fuels. He shouldn't have his wrists slapped but rather be punished hard for a long time as a deterrent to other near-sighted fools like him.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
What gets me is that he claimed it was a "last resort", that he had tried to do everything he could prior to his actions. BS, he could have found legal council and thrown a wrench in the spokes with a law suit. It was in no way, "a last resort". I don't doubt that there may have been parcels of land being auctioned off that had yet to even be properly evaluated (it happens all day long when SUWA is forcing "wilderness quality" land down the BLM's throat and threatening lawsuits if they don't get their way, despite some land not meeting proper 'wilderness' requirements), so we can see that tactic goes both ways.

I think Tim had some valid points (minus the whole global warming comment) to want to disrupt the illegal auctioning of land that had yet to be investigated/evaluated, but the way he went about it was stupid. He had every right to protest, speak out against what was happening, throw down a lawsuit or two; but instead caused a massive ripple effect that hit Utah economy with loss of jobs, loss of lease money, possibly loss of funds for Utah schools - if on SITLA lands.

Last edited: