TingTings "That's Not My Name"

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
This is the "Oh Mickey" of 2009. I hated hated HATED this at first, but after repeated brainwashing I am convinced of its pop genius. Much like "4 Minutes" by Timberlake/Madonna, this is a totally vacuous POS, but unlike "4 Minutes", it has a self-awareness that harkens back to the bands that started MTV.

anyway they play it 400x a day here and it's a hoot. We have taken to singing it as we drive to meals, loud, with all the windows open. :D

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I know, this sh*t is gettin' crazy dawg

Armed Forces Network is an insane radio station, designed to catch you off guard and brainwash you into liking ridiculous music.

bobmed

- - - -
I came back from overseas when Dallas was the big TV show.
Everyone was saying "who shot JR?" and all I was thinking was who the heck is JR. :)
Some of the things you'll be seeing and doing will be unexplainable to someone who wasn't there, they'll just think you've gone crazy, or in your case crazier:rofl:

snccoulter

www.coulters-inc.com
you just get use to it. after a while you will begin enjoying the music, then all will feel weird when you get back and you will have lovely memories of your time over there.:rofl:

rholbrook

Mine was "One Night In Bangkok" when I was actually in Bangkok. Those of you that have been there know that there are music vendors on every corner blasting the music. The best thing I ever saw there was a 10 story building with a picture of Eddie Murphy from a scene of Beverly Hills Cop 20 or what ever number it was flipping the bird. I had to endure several months of people giving me the bird like it was some cool salute to Americans. It was funny but I had to explain and show then that it was the same gesture they use in Thailand when we grab little kid's noses.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
..... :rolleyes: I really hate that song.... I've spent the last few days trying to forget about it and now it is once again stuck in my head :( Thanks!