Tire shops

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Is Discount Tire the best place to go get my tires mounted and balanced or do you guys have a preferred shop to take your tires to?

UFAB

Location is really what matters I suppose.

Alot of smaler shops don't have experience with bigger tires though.

Discount is great or any big o or schwabb

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I always thought tire balancing was like maybe $10 per tire but $20 a piece seemed more than I remember it lol

Troop92

That's where I go, and like sixstringsteve mentioned, even if you don't buy from them they will lifetime balance/rotate because they installed them.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I bought them from them a week or two ago. But I just picked them up since I didn't have wheels yet. Maybe I will give them a call today then to see if they will mount them and balance them all for any deals. I need valve stems too so I think I better just stick with them.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Yeah I picked some up last night. Not the wheels I plan to keep but I didn't want to run the PET with the Yokos on it so I picked these up in the meantime. Who knows, maybe I'll just keep them for a while.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Yeah I do, I still need to figure out if I can get some spacers locally and if not then I will probably need to order some by tomorrow with overnight delivery if possible to get them before Friday.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Alright, I've never had a problem with the guys on 56th either, I'll call them up then. The guys on state I may check with them too.

chicken77

throttle jockey
The only problem I have had with Discount tire is the that they will not mount tires that are 10 years old. I recently purchased some never ran "new" 10 year old tires and they would not mount them for me.

blznnp

I always use discount but I think part of that is that I use to work for them. I have used the one on redwood an 70th, the manager there is also a rock crawler guy. The only problem I have had was with the tires, not discount. To me though, use any place hat has been good to you, I would pay more to make sure my rig an me are being treated how they should be.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Thanks guys, I called up Discount yesterday so I'll be dropping off my tires and wheels today to get them mounted. They've always treated me well and I was just seeing if there are other places I should consider but looks like they are still the spot.

blznnp

did they still charge you the $20 a piece? it use to be $8 but that was a while go, I wouldn't think it has gone up that much. I will have to look at my last receipt from them.