Tires

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Well unfortunately the tires I was going to use on my commando project are too small... :( It has been awhile since I looked at anything other that Super Swampers. I really hate... or should I say, I haven't had very good luck with BFG AT's. I need your input on what tire has worked well for you. This Jeep will Not be a primary offroad rig, more of a pavement pounder with the occasional trail ride. I'm looking for a tire that will last a few years, and is priced right. I'm also looking for your sugestion on the best place for deals. Discount Tire has always done me right. My tire size will be 33x12.5x15.

Thanks,

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
hahah I am no help at all-- I'm having great luck w/the BFG's on the wife's XJ....No complaints at all, they work pretty good in the "snow" UT gets too...

The big Jeep has some Sears deals in 33/12.5, they have lasted a LONG time and held up well to abuse as well.

oh yeah I got those BFG's at BigO for like $90 installed. The tire wars are ON in Tooele. So far, Les Schwab appears to be winning.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Tacoma said:
hahah I am no help at all-- I'm having great luck w/the BFG's on the wife's XJ....No complaints at all, they work pretty good in the "snow" UT gets too...

The big Jeep has some Sears deals in 33/12.5, they have lasted a LONG time and held up well to abuse as well.

oh yeah I got those BFG's at BigO for like $90 installed. The tire wars are ON in Tooele. So far, Les Schwab appears to be winning.
Do me a favor, look up the phone numers for both Big O and Les Schwab.

Thanks,

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If price is an issue, which it generally is, Sears has started selling a new tire by General (I'm sure other people have it to) called the A/T. It has about the identical tread design to the BFG A/T, it still has the American Rubber Association stamp for a Severe Weather Tire like the BFG but it is much cheaper and comes with a 50,000 mile warranty. It doesn't have the three ply sidewall though. I've put them on both of my Bro-in-laws vehicles and they love them and said they are great in the snow. The biggest they come in is a 33X12.50R15 or 265/75R16 so they would work for you, I need 35" for me. Just a thought.

Medsker

crapmanche4l

...no more! Call me Murphey
rust bucket said:
You should look into the Toyo AT's.
I work for les schwab in holladay and the toyo open country a/t IS thebest all seson truck tire I have ever dealt with. It comes with a 50,000 mile warranty, Been rated #1 by tire review magazine seven years running, Plus TOYO themselves Give a 30 day trial on this tire that if it isnt one of the best a/t's you've ridden on, We will take them off and put on your choice of tire. I'm not saying michelin and bfg dont make good stuff(except for the huge delaminating recall bfg is having) I'm just saying TOYO makes it better :D . I meen they'reworst 35 m/t that I personally balanced took a total of 8oz. which is average for other tires if not good for that tire.
Thanks Harlem

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Les Schwab Tire Center 1162 North Main Tooele, UT 84074 (435) 843-8270

BIG O TIRES, 855 N Main St Tooele, UT 84074, (435) 882-4061

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I would go TOYO's for the best tire. For the cheapest tire vs. decent wear... I liked my Pro Comp MT's that I had for a while on my CJ when I had 33's.
I have always liked Les Schwab for tires, and ultimate service. I have had many semi tires changed through them, they are good, quick, and fair.

Last edited:

TELFORD

its a work in progress
look into the Nitto's, I really like the new Terra Gappler's. I have them on my wifes Tahoe, great ride, good price at Discount.