General Tech Titan Trail Trekker II; Problems?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Who's running the Titan Trail Trekker II? - TITAN Trail Trekker II

I have one, but haven't used it yet. On another forum I mentioned that I wanted to use mine to carry 4-5 gallons of fuel (less than 1/2 capacity, emergency use basically) then fill it when needed for long trips in the dirt or when traveling away from frequent gas stations. One guy replied and said that he was doing this (running the tank partially full) and he got condensation in the tank, and water in his gas.

I've also heard of fuel spilling out of the cap & vent on rough trails when full... wonder if that's due to a tank that's been filled too high?

Anyone else heard of this or had a problem?

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I've never had condensation in mine, ever. I did get fuel spilling a little when I filled it too full on the Expedition Utah GTT. But that was totally on me because I filled it too full (On purpose, I wanted to see how much fuel it could actually hold). Keep it at the stated 12 gallons and I haven't had issue.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've never had condensation in mine, ever. I did get fuel spilling a little when I filled it too full on the Expedition Utah GTT. But that was totally on me because I filled it too full (On purpose, I wanted to see how much fuel it could actually hold). Keep it at the stated 12 gallons and I haven't had issue.

Thanks Curt! I ended up messaging the folks at Titan Tanks and asked about condensation, they said that as long as the filler cap is working properly it should vent as needed and not allow any condensation. I kind of wonder if the guy that got water in his tank got the water from the gas station.

I need to get the Titan mounted in place, I think it'll be nice to peace of mind!