TJ Cruise Control

wildkid

...Jeepless...
What would cause the cruise not to turn on? I've tried to identify a fuse or relay, but can't seem to isolate the proper one. All fuses ok, none blown. :confused:

Pathos

Looking at the FSM wiring diagram I do not see any fuses between the cruise switchs and the PCM, and none between the PCM and the speed control servo. The speed control sense lines are tied to the brake lamp switch and transmission interlock, so either of these could cause an interupt in the signal.

wildkid

...Jeepless...
Looking at the FSM wiring diagram I do not see any fuses between the cruise switchs and the PCM, and none between the PCM and the speed control servo. The speed control sense lines are tied to the brake lamp switch and transmission interlock, so either of these could cause an interupt in the signal.
I installed LED tail lights a while back, just about the time the cruise stopped working...interesting, very interesting.
Do you have power at the switch? or check the switch for operation and continuity
I'll have to spend some more time checking this out.

Thanks for the help so far ;)

wildkid

...Jeepless...
So it seems I have torn, ripped or otherwise ruined the clockspring inside the steering column. This would explain the constant airbag light, lack of horn, and no cruise....figures.
Now, has anyone got any tips on how to remove the steering wheel?...I mean without damaging anything else?
Thanks.

wildkid

...Jeepless...
Fixed!

I was able to remove the steering assembly and disassemble the clockspring. I did the LED lights at the same time I installed the hydro-assist steering. During the steering set-up I must have spun the steering wheel enough times to break the wire ribbon inside the clockspring assembly. I was able to trim the ribbon back and solder the 5 connections back together. Works like a charm! Much better than spending $120+ for a new clockspring!
Thanks again Pathos!