TJ flares on a YJ

P

pokeyYJ

Has anybody ever put TJ flares on a YJ. I have the flares and the YJ. But I want like a template or somebody that has done it. It is scarey to cut the body on my Jeep and I don't have the right tools I think. Do you need to use a cut off wheel and an air grinder or does a Sawzall:)( ) do ok.

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
I used an electric die grinder on my CJ. It turned out just fine. The Flares are really forgiving if you make an imperfect cut. Start with the fronts that way if you really screw up badly your only out a fender :cool:

Caleb

I used a sawzall and it made really clean cuts and did it really fast...I tried the cutoff wheel but it was taking too damn long...I will see if I cant find any pics...

Caleb

here is one that I took of my fenders (whats left of them:D) recently but after I had cut them for TJ flares...I will see if I can find some pictures of my fenders after I cut them for TJ flares I took pictures of what was cut...its not that much metal but makes a huge diff on tire clearance...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
get some clamps or vise grips and clamp the flare to the fender where you want them to be, then take a marker and trace the inside of the flare onto the body.