Tooele Valley new guy

blplumb

My name is Brandon. I live in Stansbury Park and went to the Deseret Peak Off-Road Park grand opening. I joined the Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association out there and they told me this might be the best way to find other off-road enthusiasts. Just looking for some people in the Tooele area to go off-roading with. I have a 2001 Grand Cherokee. Anyone interested?

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Grand cherokees are to nice i prefer no heater and a bumpy ride:D welcome to RME you will find there are alot of redneck wheelers out there in tooeley. Just watch out for BIG lifted suburbans i hear they are crazy out there!

blplumb

amen about those burbans! im working 5 12s now but looking to do some exploring on the weekends. seen some really sweet rigs and a couple hillbilly outfits out here. but were from montana and southern utah(boulder) so im used to that. my jeep is stock right now but i still like to use it. its pretty capable and will be better next spring with a lift and limted slip.

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Hey Brandon! I'm the Tooele guy you met out there at the U4 booth. Glad to see you made it!

I'm up for a ride next weekend, have to test the Burb out still. I'll take you up Rattlesnake if you want, or just around the hills, if you don't want to risk the rocks. :D I was listening to your wife hahaahha

anyway, welcome!

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Hey Brandon, Welcome!!!! I was out there last Saturday too. I wheel a 95 Grand Cherokee with the factory Upcountry suspension (about 1" lift from the factory...). Currently stock as stock gets, save for the 31" tires I roll on now. 2" lift is coming very soon (other projects to finish first...). But I ran Rattlesnake when I still rolled on 235s. Of course, I scraped every skidplate (full factory skids are better than none) and I bounce off the rockers once or twice.

On 31s at the park...
MMSPFreeride009.jpg

Yes, I got stuck, the trans skid makes a great shovel.

4x4x4doors10

Hey Brandon, Welcome!!!! I was out there last Saturday too. I wheel a 95 Grand Cherokee with the factory Upcountry suspension (about 1" lift from the factory...). Currently stock as stock gets, save for the 31" tires I roll on now. 2" lift is coming very soon (other projects to finish first...). But I ran Rattlesnake when I still rolled on 235s. Of course, I scraped every skidplate (full factory skids are better than none) and I bounce off the rockers once or twice.

On 31s at the park...
MMSPFreeride009.jpg

Yes, I got stuck, the trans skid makes a great shovel.

Where is this park???????