Tools that you just can't live without

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
These Diablo steel ripsaw blades are such a game changer, I can't get over them. I'd rather have a plasma, but compared to an angle grinder these are 5x as fast and make cuts 10x cleaner. I forget who mentioned them first on here but thank you.
On a grinder or a chop saw? Do tell

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
On a grinder or a chop saw? Do tell
No, on my little circular saw! I've got a cold cut blade on my Rage chop saw that is also heads and tails above a regular chop saw - this is like that, but for sheet metal.

This is the one I'm using, I think.

It says max thickness 1/8 mild steel, but I just carved up a sheet of 1/4 like butter.

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Once I figured out the Diablo blades, I have never used a regular chopsaw again.
I have used those blades in my chopsaw, in a circle saw, and in my tablesaw.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I still have that blade for my 7.25" saw, but I ended up buying a dedicated evolution metal skill saw that has the lower speed and extra chip guards. It's a loud bastard but man it's nice when you just need to make a long cut in metal. I've used the blade above on the dewalt and the evolution saw on 1/4" sheets. Cuts really nice. The downside to the dewalt is that it will eat up the battery. I was able to get two and a half 4 ft cuts per 5AH battery.

The cut above is 1/8" sheet.