Towing a car hauler (Jeep) with a slide-in camper

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Beers have been involved, WATTS.

Yes, 2.5" receiver... I'll see about building one.
Here's how I did mine, which worked great with my old camper. (was a bit short for my current one, so I had to redo)

I bought a Curt receiver tube like this:

71njvUl1sZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A trailer wire extension like this: (you can get them in several lengths)

71yJPXs4viL._SL1500_.jpg

Then some 1/8" steel for the wire, and 1/4" steel for the safety chain loopy thing. Drilled a hole for the pin into the truck, and with the shorter version that was it. When I extended it, I added the chains and turnbuckles since it's getting pretty long now.

1000003419.jpg

1000003418.jpg

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Here's how I did mine, which worked great with my old camper. (was a bit short for my current one, so I had to redo)

71yJPXs4viL._SL1500_.jpg

Then some 1/8" steel for the wire, and 1/4" steel for the safety chain loopy thing. Drilled a hole for the pin into the truck, and with the shorter version that was it. When I extended it, I added the chains and turnbuckles since it's getting pretty long now.

View attachment 176149

View attachment 176150

I like that! Easy enough to duplicate, thanks for sharing how you put it together.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose

71yJPXs4viL._SL1500_.jpg

View attachment 176149

View attachment 176150
How much tongu weight could you safely put on that set up?