Toyhaulers

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Any large toyhauler owners on here? I'm looking at purchasing a 40 ish foot TH, Cyclone or Raptor. Just looking to see if anyone has pros or cons on each of those models.
Reading reviews, it scares me to drop 80k of a problem child.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Get a Momentum and don't look back. Run down to General RV and walk through what they have. And DON'T pay $80k. That's MSRP. If you can find a slightly used one I would jump on it. After seeing Coreshot's Momentum we were convinced to go with our Reflection (same manufacturer, Grand Design). We've had it for 2 years and haven't had a single problem.

2329F923-A581-4819-8B9F-2070D914FF88.jpeg

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Thanks Hick, I have looked at Grand Design and General RV, General RV doesn't really have good ratings... But will run down there since they have Momentum and Voltage.

PS, $80k is not MSRP, $110k is....

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Thanks Hick, I have looked at Grand Design and General RV, General RV doesn't really have good ratings... But will run down there since they have Momentum and Voltage.

PS, $80k is not MSRP, $110k is....
I was super happy with our experience.

Bart

I have been toying with this idea also, but finding one that my JK would fit in is a hard find. Keep the updates coming Shawn.

Pike2350

Ive heard most toy haulers don't have the weight capaicty to handle full size trucks without modifications. Usually they are in the 3k payload range. Make sure you look into that if you are planning on putting something other than ATV's or a SXS in it.

Agility Customs

Vendor
Ive heard most toy haulers don't have the weight capaicty to handle full size trucks without modifications. Usually they are in the 3k payload range. Make sure you look into that if you are planning on putting something other than ATV's or a SXS in it.

Agreed most are only rated for 3500 pounds no matter what size garage is on them

Caleb

The Momentum 381m has enough rating for a Jeep, but not a fat Jeep. About a 4900 lbs payload.

So once you add water, fuel, etc you'll be down to probably 3400-3500 lbs left for the garage if you pack light. Could easily only have 3K left for the garage if my wife packed. :rofl:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Ya, most haulers I have been looking at are in the 3500-3900 range and the water holding is 100-150 gal. My truck can handle the 20K max load and if need be I can always add water once I reach my destination, depending on where I go.