Toyota Hub socket?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Where the crap are you Toyota owners getting your hub sockets? The 54mm one, I think!?! I looked at Napa, CarQuest and even AutoZone. No go!

Would Sears carry something like this?

I have been using my Channel Locks till this point, but I want a socket to make it easy when I'm changing Brifs on the trail.

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
Greg,
I used to own a 4runner and I got one at Napa. If you want it you can have it for $5.00. I think I paid $20 or something.

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by lowe1974
Greg,
I used to own a 4runner and I got one at Napa. If you want it you can have it for $5.00. I think I paid $20 or something.

Dan,

If your not going to use it, I'll take it off your hands. Your OK with $5? Is it 54mm? When can I get that from you?

The guys at NAPA laughed when I told him that was the size. He held his hands in a 5" circle and goes....
"This is 54mm...." I was like, no......thats 5.5 INCHES!! :rolleyes:

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
Greg my socket is a 2-3/32 hub socket. It was the size for my '87 4runner. I don't know what the metric size that would. Here is a picture of it.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Mine's a 2 3/32 also. I got it at either the Tool Center, or Tools Unlimited, I don't remember right now. It was between $15 and $20. (meaning, grab the $5 one while you can!)

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by lowe1974
I found an online conversion and it is 54mm. When do you want to get it?

Ummmm.... would Tuesday work, say between 3-5:30pm???? My time will be pretty limited over the next few days. Or Thursday, from afternoon on would work too. Thanks!

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
Greg,
I can be home by 5:00pm. So come and get it. Maybe this will repay you for the help on my scrambler.
217 south Foss St. #F301
slc 84104
Dan.