Toyota Spring Swap

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Skyetone
where do you store the stuff untill you move?
U-haul from here to NYC no thanx!!

Actually all the stuff is under my bed :D

I wish I was by NYC but actually i'm a lot closer to Canada :( 32 miles to be exact. I'm about 7 hours North of NYC it's about a 38 hour drive to get home.

Are waggy rears the same length ar YJ rear's?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by trd270
Are waggy rears the same length as YJ rear's?

Not quite, from what I understand the Waggys are 1.5" longer on one side. (Atleast the 44044's are! Rancho's 2.5" Waggy lift spring!) A set of those will soon find their way into my truck!

The chevs are nice cuz they are long and flat. By the time they reach there bottoming out point there 12 inches of drop. but they also have a lot of spring wrap too.

They only have alot of spring wrap IF you run the sadly popular Double Shackle setup. Otherwise they do fine concerning wheelhop.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Greg

Not quite, from what I understand the Waggys are 1.5" longer on one side. (Atleast the 44044's are! Rancho's 2.5" Waggy lift spring!) A set of those will soon find their way into my truck!

Wait I thought the 44044's were for the front end of the waggy and the toy not the rear. And by 1.5" longer do you mean the one side is longer or the rears are longer. The guy at the junk yard gave me waggy rears instead of the front's there 6 leaf but will they still work in the front without having to move the shackle?

Also whats the stock toyota front leaf length? And does anyone know the length of front waggy's? I can just measure the rears to see if they'll work.

Last edited:

taloola-yota

Anyone here know of anyone that has done rear XJ(cherokee) leaf springs on a yota? I've tossed that idea round about a little.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by trd270
Wait I thought the 44044's were for the front end of the waggy and the toy not the rear. And by 1.5" longer do you mean the one side is longer or the rears are longer.

Yes, 44044's for the front. And Yes, from the centering pin one side is 1.5" longer.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Originally posted by taloola-yota
Anyone here know of anyone that has done rear XJ(cherokee) leaf springs on a yota? I've tossed that idea round about a little.

Don't know how they would preform on a toyota I know that my XJ springs sucked on my XJ. (thats why I converted);)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Finally tracked down the right waggy's there 6 leaf not 7 but close enough for me. Now I just need to get Hy-steer :D

Whats a reasonable price to get some springs powder coated? I have no idea there's a pretty good spring place up here. I figure the more I get done here the better

Last edited:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
wow the thread rolls on. I know thats a good link...I gave it to ya :p
The rear waggies are spring over axle. Not as much free arch
They work ok for rears with a block.
The front waggies are Spring Under Axle lots more free arch = lift
xj-tj whatever are also spring under axle. throw them spring over and you get lift and flex. If you get a lift kit for any springs you risk loosing the flex for the lift.
Kinda a trick Q....

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
xj-tj whatever are also spring under axle.
Kinda a trick Q....

Sorry but the XJ's are spring over :p I used to have one. Just to let you know :D

wow the thread rolls on. I know thats a good link...I gave it to ya :p

Holy COW I didn't even realize that were I got the link from :D I just had it on my favorites list thinking that I had come across it one day. Thanks For the link Skye :)

Last edited: