Trailer Registration???

Bleeding_raptor

Bloody Mess
What is the law on trailer registration here? Do you only hjave to register them if they are a cirtain length or does it depend on what you are hauling??
Raptor

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
It's my understanding that it needs to be registered regardless of what size it is. Even scrawny little utility trailers hauling lawnmowers an' such.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
it is weight of 750 or 1000 lbs... i can't remember. and all tandem axle trailers have to be registered.
i just barely registered my trailer and it is a tandem axle so the weight requirement didn't matter anyway, i still had to register it.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
They're super cheap to register and it gives you something for the police to go on when it gets stolen. I just renewed mine and it was like 15 bucks or something.

Caleb

RockMonkey said:
They're super cheap to register and it gives you something for the police to go on when it gets stolen. I just renewed mine and it was like 15 bucks or something.

do you know Braden, if they offer the lifetime registration in Utah? I know some other states do but I dont think they have it here...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
supergper said:
do you know Braden, if they offer the lifetime registration in Utah? I know some other states do but I dont think they have it here...
I've never heard of such a thing. Could be cool, though.

Mr.Chevy

I bilt a 8x12 tandem axle trailer of my own and never got it reg. they even pulled me over for haveing no safty chains but didnt say any thing about haveing it reg.

harkinoff

something to do...
They had a road block setup out at the dunes, checking for drunks and they issued tickets for none licensed trailers, "tandem axles" and none licensed vehicles.. I guess the state is going to start cracking down on the trailer issue from what I hear... Talking to the lady at DMV when I was licensing my new trailer...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
supergper said:
There are many states that do this. All of our trailers at work are registered for life in the state of Kentucky. Cost is 90 bucks initially, on a $40K trailer. I wish Utah would do this.

Caleb

Hickey said:
There are many states that do this. All of our trailers at work are registered for life in the state of Kentucky. Cost is 90 bucks initially, on a $40K trailer. I wish Utah would do this.

yeah, I think even the republic of california does it...but I think it is supposed to be registered as a comcercial trailer to get it...I am going to look into it...doubt we have it here if your guys' stuff is registered in Ky... :-\

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
supergper said:
yeah, I think even the republic of california does it...but I think it is supposed to be registered as a comcercial trailer to get it...I am going to look into it...doubt we have it here if your guys' stuff is registered in Ky... :-\
Utah state LOVES their tax revenue.