Tread Lightly Training - Friday 9/25 - AF Canyon

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
U4WDA is sponsoring a Tread Lightly Awareness Class in conjunction with the service projects planned in American Fork Canyon for National Public Lands Day.

When: Friday - 9/25/09
Time: 6:15pm @ Tibble Fork Reservoir
Where: American Fork Canyon - Graveyard Flats
Who: The first 15 to RSVP
What: Tread Lightly Awareness Course (~2 hours)
Why: To learn about the Tread Lightly principles
Cost: Free to current U4WDA members, for all others its free after you sign up for U4WDA ;)
What to bring: A pen and paper to jot down notes at most, otherwise you'll be fine. Of course plan on all your own food, camping gear and provisions for the service projects the following day.

We will meet at Tibble Fork Reservoir at 6:15pm, leaving at 6:30 sharp. We'll be camping along the Graveyard Flats road, at the first site we can find that will accommodate our group size. We will have 3 Tread Trainers on hand, myself, Curt Hall (skylinerider) and Andre Shumatoff (dieselcruiserheard). The plan is to make it rather informal, a 2-3 hour session around the campfire in which you can sneak out for a few minutes here and there to cook dinner or set up your tent. Children are absolutely welcome, however the class might not hold their attention so maybe plan on something for them to do. If you want to come but can't sneak away from work in time to meet us at Tibble Fork, that's fine, as long as you can be to Graveyard Flats by say 7:30'ish you won't miss much and we'd be happy to have you.

Everyone is welcome to camp with us that evening, we'll pack up Saturday morning and meet the rest of the groups back at Tibble Fork Reservoir for the NPLD projects.

Everyone please RSVP here, even if you have already let me know you plan to make it.

Other club/forum members, would you please pass this around to members you know will be participating in the AFC projects. For simplicity I'm going to leave all the RSVP's here on RME, if you don't have an RME account get one, or email me and I'll get you listed here. Thanks!

1. Bob Medley (bobmed)
2. Mike Taylor (CrawlinBear)
3. Joseph Colasanti (JL Rockies)
4. Chad larson (Redxj)
5. Lewis Glasston (lewis)
6. Stephen Nelson (Stephen)
7. Jason Goates (sami)

Hope your interested! Reply here and I'll add you to the list

Last edited:

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I renewed at the All Jeep Show but I haven't heard anything yet. Still have my original membership card though.

1. Bob Medley (bobmed)

redXJ

Thats what she said
1. Bob Medley (bobmed)
4. Chad larson (Redxj)

utah340six

ya some one needs to teach the 4 wheeler (not Jeeps) atvs how to stay on the trails
went up maryellen mine today and several by pases from lower road to upper road.
one that was fenced off had 4 wheeler tracks right to the fence by the road in.
they had to go around a fence to get there.
then farther up the canyoun another trail form the lower canyon road.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
ya some one needs to teach the 4 wheeler (not Jeeps) atvs how to stay on the trails
went up maryellen mine today and several by pases from lower road to upper road.
one that was fenced off had 4 wheeler tracks right to the fence by the road in.
they had to go around a fence to get there.
then farther up the canyoun another trail form the lower canyon road.

A good portion of our presentation will be dealing with approaching rogue users of all types, 4x4's, OHV's, etc.

Beyond that anyone can become a Tread Trainer and host classed for the ATV owners out there :D

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
1. Bob Medley (bobmed)
4. Chad larson (Redxj)
5. lewis
6. Stephen

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Keeping the list straight usually peeps copy past and add their names..... on other forums. New round these parts though.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
BUMP! This is a great chance to step off the sidelines and help work pro-actively towards keeping our trails open. We'll cover a lot of interesting information and hope to get some of you involved in the Tread Lightly program.

Also, please pass this around to any club contacts or other forums that are participating in the AF Canyon NPLD events.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Kurt, as discussed I will be there as early as I can. Any ideas on where you're camping? I''m sure I can find you, just tell me what road.