Tread Lightly Training - Friday 9/25 - AF Canyon

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Kurt, as discussed I will be there as early as I can. Any ideas on where you're camping? I''m sure I can find you, just tell me what road.

We'll be camping along the Graveyard Flats road, at the first site we can find that will accommodate our group size

Come when you can guys! With a small group like this we'll make it more of a campfire course :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Bump this is tonight, we've got plenty of room so if your schedule opens up, come join us.

All those planning on attending, please bring a bit of firewood!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks to all those that made it out for the class. Curt and I both had a great time sharing it with you guys and if nothing else I hope you keep an 'outdoor ethic' in the back of your mind as you recreate on public lands. I hope its something we can do again in the future, I think the officers of every club and every BOD member of groups such as U4WDA should go through a Tread Lightly and Trail Patrol class. These classes help you learn ways to not only be responsible yourself, but to teach others through your good example.

Today's NPLD projects were prime opportunities. How many users passed our groups as we were working on projects, dozens and dozens... many (most) of which had never heard of NPLD, U4WDA or even realized trails that we have enjoyed for so many years could be threatened by closure.

Lets plan another one, I'm sure Curt (skylinerider) would be interested and I know I'm more than happy to organize it if there is in deed interest.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Big thanks to K/C for the class. It was a great time and very informative. Even being around and involved for as long as I have, it opened my eyes to other ways to tread lightly.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Thanks to all those that made it out for the class. Curt and I both had a great time sharing it with you guys and if nothing else I hope you keep an 'outdoor ethic' in the back of your mind as you recreate on public lands. I hope its something we can do again in the future, I think the officers of every club and every BOD member of groups such as U4WDA should go through a Tread Lightly and Trail Patrol class. These classes help you learn ways to not only be responsible yourself, but to teach others through your good example.

Today's NPLD projects were prime opportunities. How many users passed our groups as we were working on projects, dozens and dozens... many (most) of which had never heard of NPLD, U4WDA or even realized trails that we have enjoyed for so many years could be threatened by closure.

Lets plan another one, I'm sure Curt (skylinerider) would be interested and I know I'm more than happy to organize it if there is in deed interest.

It was great to do a class in the outdoors around a camp fire. We had some great projects as well for NPLD, and I got to learn a lot about AFC and meet some great people in the Forest Service. Kurt, I think my GPS is in your Tacoma. Thanks again for the help man, and Lewis too. Thank you both so much, lunch is on me sometime.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Had a good time at this training. Got to meet some people I only have web met. Also Curt, no big deal on the tug. I have been on the end of strap many times myself. Eventhough some of the training was common sense stuff that people should already know, I learned some new things and already put them to use when confronted with someone on the trail not wanting to obey the rules. I also learned I can sleep just fine in the back seat of a double cab.;)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Was a good time.. Sorry if my ADD kicked in.. I hope we can get a date scheduled to put a bunch of folks, myself included, through the course.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...Kurt, I think my GPS is in your Tacoma. Thanks again for the help man, and Lewis too. Thank you both so much, lunch is on me sometime.

I'll look for it in the morning, I pulled in and parked it when I got home and haven't touched it since. No worries on the help, we've all been there.

...Even though some of the training was common sense stuff that people should already know, I learned some new things and already put them to use when confronted with someone on the trail not wanting to obey the rules...

:cool:

Absolutely makes me stoked to hear this.