Tree removal questions

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I bet if you posted up free wood on KSL you could have all sorts people that would come and get it. Get the ones you want gone pulled down first then have them come collect the wood. It would all be gone in one weekend. Then you would only have to take the stumps to the dump.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
That's kinda what I was hoping but we'll see. I'm hoping to talk to the owner about it tomorrow

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I've done a lot of tree work, and can promise you that whatever saw you use to cut those up will be thrown away as well. It will be so gummed up with sap it will be worthless.

N-Smooth

It depends on how much he wants to sell the lot for and when we can sell our house. Could be in the next year, could be years. We're just trying to take a step in the right direction. My father-in-law is a builder so he already offered to have his company build for us or at least be our contractor. My dad also built the house I grew up in and is altogether Mr handy so there is a big opportunity for some real sweat equity

N-Smooth

We've been looking like crazy since I decided to stay in Utah but we just can't find anything near the brand new house we were days from closing on in CO. I loved that house :(

Hence the desire to build

blznnp

We've been looking like crazy since I decided to stay in Utah but we just can't find anything near the brand new house we were days from closing on in CO. I loved that house :(

Hence the desire to build
we can't find exactly what we want either, our biggest problem is the lot size since I want a little property. When you get the property, just let us know, Im up for throwing a strap around some trees and yanking them out with my truck. Or just helping cutting it up and loading.

N-Smooth

Thanks man. I've looked all over trying to find a lot that is conducive to a forever home (one with a shop in back) and I keep landing in Bluffdale. I like our area/your area but my lot is .14 acres and I'm over it. Hopefully everything pans out

blznnp

Thanks man. I've looked all over trying to find a lot that is conducive to a forever home (one with a shop in back) and I keep landing in Bluffdale. I like our area/your area but my lot is .14 acres and I'm over it. Hopefully everything pans out
yea, the only places I can find that I like are bluffdale, which is going up in price, and over in Tooele and surrounding areas. There is actually a 1 acre lot in my development, but it is sold and it was not cheap, plus I want a little more space between houses than here. There is a place off hwy 111 past the copper mine entrance in herriman but it would need a little remodeling. Good luck on finding a place, I think finding a lot and building is the way to go.

R

rockdog

Backhoe! Two hours your done! These things will come out like butter. If you were closer I might mow em down for you.:) If you weren't sticking to sl county, Lindon has half acre lots. Field right across the street from me is going to be sold soon. 4 plus acres. I'm sure a developer will buy it and put half acre lots in. That's what our area is zoned for.

N-Smooth

Yeah, I don't know how much trouble I would have yanking them out. It seems like pines are the ones that tip over during bad wind storms so my little ol' jeep should be able to yank them out.

There's just something wrong about living in Utah county. I work here now and have looked around Lehi and Saratoga Springs but can't find what I want anyways.

R

rockdog

You haven't looked in Lindon.:) Especially lower Lindon. Kinda more rural with horses and cows. Nice area. I built my own home 13 years ago here. Very glad we moved here! That and your neighbors are likely to have big ass backhoes in their backyards. ;)

N-Smooth

I remember coming to your house to get the back half of a Toyota frame years ago. I thought the area was awesome but again, Utah county lol. It really makes the most sense for us to land around Bluffdale because my family is all in West and South Jordan and we like each other.

N-Smooth

Hahaha funny story. Just got off the phone with the propert owner and he sold it last night! He feels bad that he didn't sell it to us but it turns out he sold it for almost double the price we were told so I'm totally fine with that. Oh well, the search continues! Thanks for all the input on this subject guys

Cascadia

Undecided
Then you just sliced and diced them to an appropriate size for taking to the dump?

Pulling trees out with my jeep doesn't sound like the worst way to spend a couple days but I still worry that the dump would charge me an arm and a leg
American fork and I think Provo have a green waste only dump. You can take any trees or bushes or leaves or even construction lumber there for free. As long as it is for personal use.