Trip Report: The Rubicon Trail Experience September 5th, 2012

sixstringsteve

well, this video isn't going to rock. In fact, I'm tempted to not even edit one. I lost the entire 1st day's footage. I am beyond frustrated at the moment. I could have sworn I dumped it all on my laptop before deleting the sd card on the gopro but I can't find the files anywhere. 90% of the footage I do have is B-roll. Go figure, the trip I'm most excited about and I lose hours and hours of footage.

sixstringsteve

The video is FINALLY done! Post #1 has been updated with the video. HD 1080p is always an option.

Last edited:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Awesome work on the video Steve. Even with the lack of some of the footage you still did a fantastic job, love the Fender Cam.

sixstringsteve

Thank your son, he was the primary filmer! I'm still super bummed that I lost all the footage from the first day on the trail. Oh well.

1TonTom

Poser Offroad Bronco
I just watched the Video and I wish I can run the Rubicon someday.....
Steve, was the trip more expensive or cheaper than you though it would be?

sixstringsteve

the trip was a lot cheaper than I thought. The most expensive part (aside from building the truck) was gas $ driving to ca. I'll bet we did the entire trip in under $400.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
No more pics of the FSJ (aka Billy from previous posts?) on the trail? Love those! (still want to build one as a tow rig/camping rig with a modern GM powertrain and burlyish axles with 35" tires)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
No more pics of the FSJ (aka Billy from previous posts?) on the trail?

He didn't make it to CA, either. He kept experiencing constant overheating issues, so he turned around and came back home after the sun set (to reduce the load on his cooling system).

He didn't make it to CA, either. He kept experiencing constant overheating issues, so he turned around and came back home after the sun set (to reduce the load on his cooling system).

We tried the double tow behind my trailer and sadly that just didn't work out. In fact, it almost worked out sadly. It cost us a lot of time too, trying to make it work, missed the Loon Lake camping. Oh well, that's what you do. Billy's tow bar is still out by the Jeeps if anyone wants it.