Tubing bender---brake lines & Fuel lines

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
mbryson said:
Which tool have you had the most success with?

Thumb, knee, palm, tire, JC's head, or anything round....
I have the individual sizes and the 4 in 1 style, I do use then for 90's, but that is about all.
Just be careful and bend slowly. I bend a little, move, bend a little more, etc. they will always kink if you try to bend them too tight....
As for brake line, a lot of racers are using the nylon lines with good success.

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
I'm with Marc for 99% of the brakelines we bend (cept JC's noggin-Too Damn Big) We all have the Snap On brakeline tool and rarely use it.

Get Me wired

got issues?
The one I prefer is like a pair of pliers with two dies on one jaw and a third die on the other jaw that pushes between them. I've never had much success with the type that has a stop and you pull the tube around a die.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Ditto to most of the above. I'll usually use a deep socket or chunk of tube as a "die". I have a bender too, but only take it out of it's drawer rarely.

grinch

inner city redneck
With all the medical plumbing I do I bend a lot of copper and stainless in the small sizes. I like the cheap o harbor frieght 4 in 1... its easy to make the bends look good. for cars i usually just use my fingers cuz you cant see em.

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
The last time I ran fuel lines I used aluminum. Very nice to use- can be bent easily by hand. You must pay extra attention to tying it down with the softness it is prone to abration. You can also polish it if you want ;) .