General Tech Uh...Noob Question I guess.

1995zj

I'm addicted
Kinda sad I have to ask this. So I go to install the Warn Premium Hubs...but I'm not sure on something.

Am I supposed to remove that screw (pictured below)? My D44 ones didn't have that screw, but I believe that center piece was still held in some how. I've read the instructions and search peoples installs and nothing says to remove it, but nothing mentions it either.

Removing the screw lets that center piece fall out and the spring behind it comes out as well....that way I'm able to get the clip on the axle shaft. My current thinking is that I am to remove it, install the clip, then put the piece and spring back in and the screw to hold it together? Or is the screw just for shipping purposes?

17172_506108660340_330900191_169646_3830310_n.jpg

TooeleBronco

let's go wheelin
Leave it in. It holds everything together. I think mine had the same screw but it's been a while since I've had the front end pulled apart.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That's weird, I would have asked the same thing. None of my warn premiums ever had a screw like that. :eek:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
That's weird, I would have asked the same thing. None of my warn premiums ever had a screw like that. :eek:

I believe it's just on the 35 spline 60 stuff. Originally those hubs were made for rear full-float kits, and I think the screw (and the set screw in the front of the dial) had to do with that.

It's odd to me that Warn hasn't made a hub that was specifically for the front application.:confused:

Yoda55

GET DOWN, DO YOU?
44'S and 60's have them (internal lockouts) holds inner gear and spring to the outer body, don't need to remove to install or remove the lock-out body just the 2 clips, the one on the shaft and the one outer edge of the hub.

I believe it's just on the 35 spline 60 stuff. Originally those hubs were made for rear full-float kits, and I think the screw (and the set screw in the front of the dial) had to do with that.

It's odd to me that Warn hasn't made a hub that was specifically for the front application.:confused:

1995zj

I'm addicted
Got it. Thanks all! I was just confused and figured better to ask than have to take it back apart later.

Here is my old D44 without said screw

WARNPLAC.JPG