Ultimate Adventure Toyota Truggy Build-up

DevinB

I like traffic lights
GETBENT said:
no its not you, its just short. The bed ends at the back of the tires. I wanted a good departure angle, plus I think it looks awesome to have an extra cab and then a short little bed.

Let me rephrase - the wheelbase looks really short. Do you know what you're at? My 90" on my Wrangler makes me nervous sometimes...

Devin

GETBENT

CRASH
Well, I havn't done a very good job at updating this buildup but that's probably because i'm always working on the truck now instead of surfing RME. Here are some more recent pictures. There is still A LOT more done to it after these pictures, i'll try to post some Up-to-date pictures tomorrow night. I'm leaving for the Adventure on July 6th, its major crunch time! I still have to go test it and break in some new gears.

Attachments

• rmepost20.JPG
    rmepost20.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 73
  • rmepost21.JPG
    rmepost21.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 75
  • rmepost23.JPG
    rmepost23.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 87
R

rockdog

GETBENT said:
Yeah, the wheel base is right at 117". Long enough to crawl up double whammy!!
My trucks at 116" That works out pretty good most of the time. And double whammy won't be a problem for ya. :D Nice truggy I really like it.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
looks good. i heard from wes that it flexes huge!
just hope the ua doesn't including mudding :D

GETBENT

CRASH
xj_punk said:
looks good. i heard from wes that it flexes huge!
just hope the ua doesn't including mudding :D

Thanks,
It does flex huge. I finally got to drive it on Sunday, I still need to do a rear sway bar because the rear is doing all the work and the front springs are'nt moving.

Attachments

• FLEX3.jpg
    FLEX3.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 54
  • FLEX2.jpg
    FLEX2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
Looking freaking awesome, Scott! Tim told me you were doing major work in preparation for the UA, but this is far more than I expected!

The Taco front fascia looks killer; just needs paint!

I wish I could get the Toy/Lexus dealership I work for to sponsor a buildup of my truck!

GETBENT

CRASH
Well, I finally got to take it out and play for a little while today. I still have to wire the compressor and solonoids for the ARB's and wire the lights and a little more paint to touch up on the tube work, It's almost done! I leave July 6th.

Attachments

• 626wheelin.jpg
    626wheelin.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 626wheelin2.jpg
    626wheelin2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 40
  • 626wheelin3.jpg
    626wheelin3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 626wheelin4.jpg
    626wheelin4.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 55
  • 626wheelin5.jpg
    626wheelin5.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

53 willys

Bad speller
whats that guy doing in the background?? looks like he's taking a leak!! :rofl:

I like the crazy paint :D

Attachments

• 626wheelin.jpg
    626wheelin.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
GETBENT said:
Well, I finally got to take it out and play for a little while today. I still have to wire the compressor and solonoids for the ARB's and wire the lights and a little more paint to touch up on the tube work, It's almost done! I leave July 6th.

Looks fantastic, Scott! It turned out really, really nice!

Have a great time on the UA!

Hopefully Tim and I can again catch up with you for some good trails and good times in Moab!

GETBENT

CRASH
53 willys said:
whats that guy doing in the background?? looks like he's taking a leak!! :rofl:

I like the crazy paint :D

Thanks everyone! Umm the guy in the background is ...... Umm, playing with snakes, ya, thats what he's doing!

GETBENT

CRASH
Fade2Black said:
Looks fantastic, Scott! It turned out really, really nice!

Have a great time on the UA!

Hopefully Tim and I can again catch up with you for some good trails and good times in Moab!

Thanks Thomas, I appreciate it. We will definetly have to go to Moab again. Some friends and I are planning a week long trip sometime in the end of August, let me know if you and/or Tim are interested in going and We'll get together.

Scott

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
GETBENT said:
Thanks Thomas, I appreciate it. We will definetly have to go to Moab again. Some friends and I are planning a week long trip sometime in the end of August, let me know if you and/or Tim are interested in going and We'll get together.

Scott

Tim and I were thinking of taking a camping trip to Flaming Gorge Reservoir in NE Utah, but I'm sure Moab would suffice [sarcasm].

I'm gonna try to get back down to Ogden by the 20th or so.