Unique Front yard fountain ideas

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Thats going to weigh a lot

I agree. I think I have a good plan for a secure mount.

Just talk to Stratton. He keeps flipping bikes so fast, you could stick up on enough chain in a few months!

Between Stratton, Tyson, and Russ I should be good!

Where are you going to source the chain? Offer cycle shops some $ or pizza for used chain?

This is my thought. I imagine with a little time it could all come together.

jeeper

I've been wanting to do something in the corner of our driveway for a very long time. There has always been some large cherry bushes that grow like crazy, scratch my trucks, and look horrible.
I've wanted something motorcycle related, but every thing I tried just didn't seem to work right. I found a guy who makes motorcycle art. The entire bike is made from odd parts like coffe cans, painted CD's, lug nuts, etc. it was perfect.
I forgot to get a real before photo, but here it is with the bushes pulled out.

IMG_1574.jpg

I removed about a foot of dirt. There is actually a main power box for the neighborhood under the dirt that became exposed, so i dug it out, made it shorter, and got it back down below ground level.

I made some more steel planter boxes, and we used the same grasses and flowers we have around the other planters and water feature in our yard.

IMG_1598.jpg

jeeper

How do you intend to keep that from driving off? I like it.

I cemented some rebar into the ground and welded the bike to it. I have already come to terms that it is a possibility that the bike will be stolen. I hope it won't. And I hope that the cement at least makes it difficult.

jeeper

I made some changes to the way the fountain flows, and got it to have more of a babbling brook sound.
we have a steady stream of song bids, finches, and canaries that come and drink from it.
I didn’t get a good photo, but this is a lovely pair that come very often.

91486C4D-8E4D-47BD-8D36-0D3495FF781C.jpeg