University of Utah Drift Trike Movie

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Check it out.

Please Like, Rate, and Subscribe so I can make more of these videos.

[video=youtube;Qooa0SfZZk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qooa0SfZZk0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

(It may not be available on mobile even though I chose some fairly obscure music).

(also this was the first time riding these thing for almost all of us).

sixstringsteve

Nice video stratton! That looks like a riot. Couple questions:

1) what was the total cost to build it?

2) did anyone get mad that you were riding it on campus?

3) any good crashes?

4) did cap'n flandro gap any 10-stairs?

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Have you ever tried freebording? I think you'd love it.

[video=youtube;Desl_yeM6DA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Desl_yeM6DA[/video]

I wonder if you could add a third wheel to the trike to be able to control the drift a bit more like the freebord. Not that there's anything wrong with your trikes, they look like a blast.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Nice video stratton! That looks like a riot. Couple questions:

1) what was the total cost to build it?

around $100. It would be more but I had most of the material already.
Me and a friend are going to build a few of these to sell.

2) did anyone get mad that you were riding it on campus?

No, people longboard, bike and luge on campus all the time
We had a bunch of people give us thumbs up and ask about them.

3) any good crashes?

A few

4) did cap'n flandro gap any 10-stairs?

not on the luge

Have you ever tried freebording? I think you'd love it.

[video=youtube;Desl_yeM6DA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Desl_yeM6DA[/video]

I wonder if you could add a third wheel to the trike to be able to control the drift a bit more like the freebord. Not that there's anything wrong with your trikes, they look like a blast.

I've tried freebording once. I guess I didn't have the height of the caster set right but it didn't reall feel like snowboarding at all, I'd like to try it again if anyone has one for me to borrow.

These trikes slide really well and are pretty controllable. I wouldn't want to add a caster, I would predict it would make the slide unpredictable and could catch and cause you to roll.

pELYgroso

'Merica
me and some buddies built a bunch of these a couple years ago. A little advice: Do not add casters! Also, riding down squaw peak hill is harmful to your health! and lastly, don't build a 3 person drift trike! Somebody will end up in the hospital with a 6 month (almost immobile) recovery. We haven't used the trikes since that night! Oh yea, also, don't use them at night on steep roads w/ some gravely patches.

Have fun!

me and some buddies built a bunch of these a couple years ago. A little advice: Do not add casters! Also, riding down squaw peak hill is harmful to your health! and lastly, don't build a 3 person drift trike! Somebody will end up in the hospital with a 6 month (almost immobile) recovery. We haven't used the trikes since that night! Oh yea, also, don't use them at night on steep roads w/ some gravely patches.

Have fun!

3 person trike you say?... You know Dirty, Lucky, Ellis, Reilly....?
Or is this a different 3 person trike?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I really don't care, but considering that this is in violation on University rules and regulations, are you sure that you want to be posting this all over the internets? I know of several University cops that lurk here on RME...

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I really don't care, but considering that this is in violation on University rules and regulations, are you sure that you want to be posting this all over the internets? I know of several University cops that lurk here on RME...

Nark!

gahi

Bring them down to Moab!

4b7f1e4f-3514-48de-9ddd-edc0ed48de83_zpscb7b4a0f.jpg