Upcoming U4 Events: What do YOU want?

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Hello all.....

Just brainstorming ahead here thru the next year or so. Traditionally, the U4 holds a spring and fall trail run (normally free/minimal cost). The winter and summer conventions usually are "events", include food, and/or are more involved than simple trail rides. The past 3 years we have held the winter convention at 5mp and have had an "Off-Rodeo" (mild competition) in one form or another. This fall's trail ride is scheduled for Vernal, BTW. (Good trails out there).

Here is your chance to offer input for upcoming events! What do you want? What do you think would be fun? What could we do for the next winter convention?

EZ

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
EZRhino said:
Hello all.....

Just brainstorming ahead here thru the next year or so. Traditionally, the U4 holds a spring and fall trail run (normally free/minimal cost). The winter and summer conventions usually are "events", include food, and/or are more involved than simple trail rides. The past 3 years we have held the winter convention at 5mp and have had an "Off-Rodeo" (mild competition) in one form or another. This fall's trail ride is scheduled for Vernal, BTW. (Good trails out there).

Here is your chance to offer input for upcoming events! What do you want? What do you think would be fun? What could we do for the next winter convention?

EZ

A few years back, my buddies and I used to do a late winter run to the top of Bountiful Pass. I know, sounds boring, but when the snow is six feet deep with a steady uphill climb it is fun. not very techinical, just lots of heavy petal action and snow slingin. We would go until all rigs were stuck and that would be the camp spot for the night. large fire with good steaks and cold beers! At least we weren't sitting in the house in front of the drone box!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
EZRhino said:
..........This fall's trail ride is scheduled for Vernal, BTW. (Good trails out there).........

DETAILS!!!! When??? I might need to borrow a seat (or use my wife's Jeep :rolleyes: ), but I'll do my best to 'debut' my YJ for that run.

I really liked the poker run last fall. My 4 yr old still talks about that one. He thought we were Geocaching all day long.

Honestly, I've really liked the events that I've been able to attend. The only possible criticism that I could come up with would be more active promotion? That may already be solved by having the U4WDA forum on RME right now, I don't know. The further I know ahead for events, the better I'm able to 'wrangle' my schedule around to make things. I need to get my wife more active in U4WDA so maybe some kind of a camping event could be kind of fun? It couldn't be for more than two nights or something, but with your creativity that could be way cool.

P

pokeyYJ

I agree with mbryson, I really liked the poker run thing. I personall don't care where the events are held, but I like the ones that are more about navigation and timed events, i guess thats the Rover in me. The winter event this last winter was really fun as well.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Hey thanx for the suggestions, keep em coming! It's good to know what people like. I've got a lot of different ideas for upcoming runs. Some of us still want to have a "trophy challenge" type event (big on navigation and GPS, wheeling skills, teamwork, etc.) but I guess all of us are afraid of the amount of time it will take us personally to set the dang thing up. To do what we envision will require an incredible amount of work.

I think this winters' adventure at 5mp will be really neat. Hint: get your GPS warmed up......

EZ

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Personally? Leave the competition crap to UROC, or who ever else is making a buck off this hobby. Isn't U4WDA about family wheeling, and introducing newbies to this? Trail rides are what U4WDA should be about! I can go to, and compete in a competition anytime I like. But seeing old friends, and just chillin is why I go.... Oh, and camping is a great idea! In fact, Vernal should be the first. Marc, got a storm drain in front of your place so I can dump the shitter????? :D

EZRhino said:
Hey thanx for the suggestions, keep em coming! It's good to know what people like. I've got a lot of different ideas for upcoming runs. Some of us still want to have a "trophy challenge" type event (big on navigation and GPS, wheeling skills, teamwork, etc.) but I guess all of us are afraid of the amount of time it will take us personally to set the dang thing up. To do what we envision will require an incredible amount of work.

I think this winters' adventure at 5mp will be really neat. Hint: get your GPS warmed up......

EZ

great scott

I am new to the board and have never even been on a trail ride with you all(yet), but I will tose out an idea. Come and play on the 4X4 challenge park we are building in Price. Its free and there are some good trails close by.

mbryson

Supporting Member
cruiseroutfit said:
The date is Saturday, November 13th...

I will post more info as I get it, or you can check out http://u4wda.org/events.html

Its going to be an awesome run, the local club (High Country Four Wheel Drive Club) is generously hosting the run for us.

Wow, I better hurry and get the YJ done. I think it can happen, but I'll have some weak tires.........maybe no lockers.

JeeperG

EZRhino said:
Some of us still want to have a "trophy challenge" type event (big on navigation and GPS, wheeling skills, teamwork, etc.)
EZ

Hey you know my stance on that one Dude... Although I think it should be done outside of the wintertime. That still sucks we only had 2 teams sign up for that last one.. I think on the next one maybe a little more publicity about it may bring some teams around...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
mbryson said:
Yeah, I do. I don't mind welding the 14 bolt. The 60, I'm not so sure about (maybe I can swing a lock-rite or something?)
If your planning on replacing it with a full case locker later (ARB) why not weld it?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
mbryson said:
Steering? I'll probably try it if I have hydro-assist by then
I wouldn't worry about the steering too much. Yes, it will affect it, but for a short term locker, it would be worth it. I drove mine through upper Hell with the front 60 welded.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Hickey said:
I wouldn't worry about the steering too much. Yes, it will affect it, but for a short term locker, it would be worth it. I drove mine through upper Hell with the front 60 welded.

The only experience I have with a 'locked' front axle is my ARB'd 30. It was quite difficult to steer. Might be worth a shot, though.

Any way, what would get you to bring the Astro van out to a U4WDA event?