USRA rd. 5 Sage Riders National Hair & Hound

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I wanted to bring the discussion from the other thread to a new one. Here is where Stratton left off...

http://usraracing.weebly.com/ to find out about racing

3227893_orig.jpg

http://usraracing.weebly.com/uploads/7/8/8/3/7883188/2014sageriders.pdf

Next race is 2- 50 mile loops: What the heck Paul!? ;)

Well....if we want to get technical about it, loop 1 is about 46 miles and loop 2 is about 52 miles. I am sure you would all love loop 2 since I am the loop chairman for loop 2;)......plus it will be a lot more technical riding than loop 1.

One thing everyone will need for this race is an AMA membership. You can go to here to do it or you can do it the day of the race. I know it is an extra expense on top of the already high cost of racing, but your membership to the AMA is money well spent. When I went to DC several years ago for USA-All, the AMA was in the forefront fighting for our rights to ride. I am of the opinion that if you ride, you should be a member......ok....I am stepping off my soap box now.

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
What is the rule on Vintage

I am not sure. Check the rule book on the USRA website and it should give you the guidelines for years of bikes

100 miles? Is anyone else concerned? If it's in the same area as the last race, this one will be brutal marathon.

I better start conditioning at the gym now.

Every race is a marathon and not a sprint. I can tell you that on my loop, I have tried to stay out of whooped out trails as much as possible. I get into the higher elevations more than we did at last weekends race, so you will see more technical riding on the second loop. Part of the fun of doing a race like this is pushing yourself beyond the limits you believe you have.

Cascadia

Undecided
I will be there for sure. Can't wait. I love the technical stuff at Firebirds. Only complaint is it gets hard to pass someone on the single track sometimes. But that's part of the race. Someone goes down eventually and gets passed.

djgardner

I'll be there, Paul! I'm looking forward to it.

Is the first loop out in the sand this year?

And I second what you said about the AMA membership...if you ride, and whether or not you race, be a member of the AMA (...and USA-ALL...and the BRC).

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I'll be there, Paul! I'm looking forward to it.

Is the first loop out in the sand this year?

And I second what you said about the AMA membership...if you ride, and whether or not you race, be a member of the AMA (...and USA-ALL...and the BRC).

First loop will start in the sand and then head towards the Firebirds pits.

Cascadia

Undecided
All registered and ready to race. Nervous and excited. Definitely pushing myself past my known limits. This race will be my longest ride to date, and obviously my longest race too.

Tonkaman

I'm all set to come help with the race, and my daughter is so stoked to watch. Be sure to hangout with me after so I feel like one of the cool guys

SpeedyVic

Washed and cleaned the bike, as well as changed the oil and air filter. My baby is ready to sweep! Tomorrow night will be a trailer inspection and wash. Clean trailers tow better.

Way looking forward to Friday!

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
After riding the second loop a couple of times with Paul last weekend, I have to say I have some new favorite trails.. way fun riding...enjoy

Cascadia

Undecided
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survived the 97 mile beast! Best race and course I've ridden so far. Although I am as dead as I'll be after I die. There was a 10 mile section that I didn't think I could finish the second loop. I pushed through though and finished strong for the last 20+ miles. Thanks everyone for your help with the race, especially Paul for plotting a sweet loop 2. Can't wait for the next one, although 2 weeks may be too soon. ;)

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
What a beast! About the hardest one day thing I've ever done.
These races are harder than a marathon.

We all finished. Close to the 5hr mark.
That means we raced for 5 hours straight and rode over 100 miles today
(when you include practice) on some of the meanest toughest terrain imaginable.

SpeedyVic

I was sweeping the 2nd loop and somewhere close to the 85 mile mark, I inadvertently crossed into loop 1. Next mileage marker I saw then said 45 miles so I rode into the pits from there.

Coming down Chicken Rock was nasty! I should have put on my trials tire before this trip, but I knew I was in for a lot of sand.

I admire you guys that raced! I don't think I would have survived both loops.

Cascadia

Undecided
We had the hard part! We had to stand in a road for 5 hours! Any body can sit on bike..
You're right. Anybody can sit on a bike for 100 miles. But if you do, prepare to not be able to sit the next day. Metal church chairs aren't comfortable. But at least they're cold.

rholbrook

Is it Baboon Ass or just sore from Sitting? Carmex works great for Baboon Ass. We rode with the inventor of Anti-Monkey Butt powder one day. Showed them around Dead Cow. They came up from Texas