General Tech Utah County Friendly Safety

Samersen

So my Jeep doesn't have mud flaps and I don't really want to buy them I think they look awful! So I am wondering does anyone know of a 4x4 friendly shop to do a safety. My Jeep has been passed before with out them, but I don't want to drive to SLC to get it done. :) if not I guess I will be getting a pair of removable ones to pass safety's. ;)

stimmie

So you know you need mudflaps, and you're looking for a shady inspector? Sure hope ppl don't name names unless it's in a pm.... ;)

Silly Willy

I would suggest just getting a cheep pair of mud flaps and throwing them on. What you choose to do after inspection is up to you. Even though they don't look very good I keep mine on year round. Last thing I want is a ticket for something as simple and silly as mud flaps.

sixstringsteve

I would suggest just getting a cheep pair of mud flaps and throwing them on. What you choose to do after inspection is up to you. Even though they don't look very good I keep mine on year round. Last thing I want is a ticket for something as simple and silly as mud flaps.

agreed. A lot of times they'll pull you over for a mud flap, then get nit-picky with little things like frame height, tires sticking out too much, bumpers being too small, etc. I keep mine on year round too. Then again, I don't really do things for "looks" on my rig.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
LKC in Pleasant Grove is 4x4 friendly, but they are not shady, if its illegal they won't pass it, but they are more understanding.

Caleb

or have a different tire/wheel combo to make it so you "pass" for inspection

That doesn't matter if it's lifted at all. Once it's lifted you need flaps even if you have smaller tires than stock on.

If the law is you need flaps, then why make such a big deal about it. It's part of the downsides of driving a lifted vehicle. Any shop that knowingly passes you for no flaps, I hope they get busted...

DerekM

formerly dirk124
I had to deal with this yesterday, it is a pain but its the law.. Teraflex sells mudflaps that are easily removable, those are the ones I use.

556976_3219750027150_1668403149_2640046_2118801035_n.jpg

Last edited:

allterrain

AllTerrain
The State is cracking down on shops and will pull their inspection permit if they let stuff slide. Many inspectors are now taking pics of your rig to throw in a file so if the cops ever come back they can show them and say "this is how it came in". My guy said "do what you want after you leave, but this is how it passed". I keep removable flaps on all the time. I want to run a stubby bumper on the front of my JK but have stayed full width just to keep it easy.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Do not take it to what used to be Granny's in AF on state and 5th east. It's called tire something or other now. They have nit picked my totally stock Explorer to death twice. Last year he failed it due to the parking brake light on the dash was kinda flaky. I'm talking about the light that tells the driver the brake is on. The guy just north of them on 5th east (Johns towing) is a jeeper and a nice guy. I don't think he will pass illegal stuff (he always checks my window tint to make sure it's legal) but he isn't looking for something to fail you for. Plus I really like giving my money to a family type business. He will shoot the breeze with you and remember you when you come back.