UTAH DESERT FOXES HIGH DESERT ENDURO Sat Sept 19 2015

djgardner

Its probably less then 5 miles. It is just a technical rocky wash that will be hard for some because it is at the end of the day. Jeez, you make me out to be some evil person that likes to beat the crap out of people and make them cry for mercy.........Oh wait.....your right.:D

I'm one of those guys that would curl up in the fetal position on the side of the trail and cry for mercy. I'm not cut out for Paul Anderson levels of technical trails...they are way over my skill level. But, I'll probably give it a go...but I hope you know I'll expect you to ride my bike out if I give up. :rofl:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I'm one of those guys that would curl up in the fetal position on the side of the trail and cry for mercy. I'm not cut out for Paul Anderson levels of technical trails...they are way over my skill level. But, I'll probably give it a go...but I hope you know I'll expect you to ride my bike out if I give up. :rofl:

Deal. Get registered quick. Mike Jensen asked to ride with you, your brother & Carson when he registered. I can hold the spot I have for you guys in the first 5 rows for a couple of days, but then I will need to look at filling those spots.

djgardner

Deal. Get registered quick. Mike Jensen asked to ride with you, your brother & Carson when he registered. I can hold the spot I have for you guys in the first 5 rows for a couple of days, but then I will need to look at filling those spots.

Thanks for the heads up on that...I just pre-signed. I'll make sure Daniel and Carson do as well.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I'm out for this weekend. :(

Totally wish I were going.
How many of these style races are done each year?

Cascadia

Undecided
I wish there was a whole enduro series closer by. The series that does exist cover basically the whole west half of the states. At least that's all I've been able to find.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I wish there was a whole enduro series closer by. The series that does exist cover basically the whole west half of the states. At least that's all I've been able to find.

RMEC who is part of our race extends from Texas to Utah. AMA West Chec who is also part of our goes from California to Wyoming & Arizona.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
2 years ago we had a good amount of moisture the night before and it was absolutely perfect. there is so much rock in the dirt out there, that mud will not be a problem.

djgardner

So excited for this race. I hope all this rain gives us some hero dirt and not mud.

There isn't supposed to be rain today or tomorrow...and sunny all day Friday...it'll be dusty. Not Sugarloafers cherry creek dusty...but dusty. In the north faces, and north shadows it will be good...there will probably even be mud puddles...but I'm expecting dust on Saturday.

ricsrx

we had a great time, Hunter hit a tree half way thru the first loop and it cut his thigh open pretty good, when he came in from the first loop we jammed a sandwich and a bottle a Gatorade in him, taped up his cuts and got to the start line for the second loop, when he got in from the second loop he was hurting so we took him over to the ambulance, they cleaned him up and we drove back to Riverton to get him stitched up.

i am very proud of him for wanting to do the second loop even though he was hurting. 10 stitches in all and he is doing well today, he is just glad he didnt cut his balls off! it was close

djgardner

As for my race...I had an absolute blast! I didn't really feel like I rode all that well, to be honest (but I've never been all that comfortable on the more tight and technical trails), but it was sure fun!

I messed up my first and third tests (just over riding the course, and overshot that blind right hand corner into that steep off camber towards the beginning of the first loop and it took all I had to stay out of that wash at the bottom-I noticed on the 2nd loop I wasn't the only one lol-and then on those fast road sections on test 3 I over shot a couple of those corners and parked it in a couple trees) So my first loop was just about a minute slower than my second.

The 2nd loop went way better for me. The course was cut in a bit better (I was on row 2...so there weren't any established lines when I came through), and I just avoided some of those costly mistakes I made on tests 1 and 3 on the first loop (though I was somehow slower on test 6 than test 3...maybe I was over cautious? Or Tired? Probably tired.).

Here are my times as best I can decipher them from the time sheet (some were hard to read, so I could be off...but I did compare them to Mike Jensen who is close to my speed and we were on the same minute and so they seem to make sense):

Test 1: 9:15
Test 2: 12:45
Test 3: 9:33

Test 4: 8:22
Test 5: 12:40
Test 6: 9:42

Total: 62:17