Utah Trail Patrol - Join Now!

andy d

come on, give me a hug.
Todd Adams said:
There will be a Utah Trail Patrol trainig Meeting Thursday April 21 at 6:30 P.M.
Is this meeting open to anybody? Do I need to do anything before hand to make sure that I can get in the door? I would love some more training on the does and don'ts of off roading and some good ways to pass these things on to those that don't know. I work at Land Rover AF and we are going on our annual moab customer event in May and I would love to be able to pass out information that will help new off roaders understand how fragile our sport is. Thanks

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
andy d said:
Is this meeting open to anybody? Do I need to do anything before hand to make sure that I can get in the door? I would love some more training on the does and don'ts of off roading and some good ways to pass these things on to those that don't know. I work at Land Rover AF and we are going on our annual moab customer event in May and I would love to be able to pass out information that will help new off roaders understand how fragile our sport is. Thanks
The meeting is open to all. To join you do need to make a commitment for a minimum of 10 hours a year of volunteer work and to know before you go.

The bottom line is to stay on the trail. If you have followed some of the threads on the board you know that the agencies are taking this very seriously by issuing citations but that should not be the reason you would want to stay on the trails. We as land users need to protect our public land. Dale will have Tread Lightly as well as other material at the meeting.

We have a new video out specifically targeting the new 4x4 owner. The plan is to get these at all the dealerships and have the salesmen encourage new buyers to purchase them. So far the video has been well received by United and Blue Ribbon. The Utah 4- Wheel Drive Association had a hand in it’s content. Go to http://www.4x4dvd.com/ and check it out then send them a note that you would like to carry the dvd.
BTW I have a copy of the one your dealership did a few years ago in Moab.
Todd

Todd

Last edited:

andy d

come on, give me a hug.
Todd, thanks for the Info. I will definately plan on attending the meeting. Also I will talk to the uppers about selling the dvd hear at the store. I hope that you like the rover video, I have them both, but I think that they could have been done better.
BTW, have you ever had any confrontations on the trail with A-holes that did not appreciate your message?

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
drtsqrl said:
Todd - Moab Friends-For-Wheelin' is VERY interested in joining the Patrol. We have more than 10 people in the club who would do it (maybe Capt. Pickey and jmaxj would also be interested???) if we could set up a training session in Moab. Email me or give me a call sometime (259-6119) with some info. Lets do it!!!!

Thanks - Jeff
Let's please get this set up SOON!!!!!

andy d

come on, give me a hug.
so i went to the meeting and signed up. i was surprised at how many atv'ers were in attendance and the xterra owners club made a very strong showing. i am very exited to be a part of something positive for our community. thanks for the invite.