Value of 2007 WR450

jentzschman

Looking at what looks like clean 2007 WR450 equipped with: New battery (have not confirmed how new from seller), FMF Q4 titanium pipe, and aluminum engine protector. Seller is asking $3,800

What are the specifies to look for when looking at 4T's? What are the best questions I could ask the seller when I look at it and is 3800 a good deal?

Thought I would do my research from all sides and get feedback from those who are much smarter then I when it comes to 4T's.

Thanks guys for any advice.

rholbrook

That seems like a fair price for the WR with the pipe and engine protector. I always look at the frame by the foot pegs to see what kind of use a bike has. Its just my way of doing it.

jentzschman

Not that NADA or KBB are the defining voices on values when it comes to OHV, they have the value at an average of ~3100 between the two of them.

D

Deleted member 12904

I personally think the bikes in our area fluctuate in value quiet a bit depending on time of year. I see them spike in spring as tax returns come back in and usually go for above book value. I like to use NADA but ignore retail and use High and low trade in value. Mid Summer they seem to drop in price and while you still find plenty of people asking more the ones that sell are priced closer to NADA high value. Then again in September I typically see them go back up a little in value followed by a fair drop for winter. I personally would be willing to pay high NADA trade in value for a clean bike plus upto and extra 15% of that value for accessories. I value accessories at about 50% of new cost.

SO on a 2007 WR450 NADA Shows $3,040 as high and I would be willing to go as high as $3,500 if the bike was outfitted with $900-$1000 in accessories. This would be the top for a very clean and nice bike that needs nothing and has everything.

Tonkaman

I personally think the bikes in our area fluctuate in value quiet a bit depending on time of year. I see them spike in spring as tax returns come back in and usually go for above book value. I like to use NADA but ignore retail and use High and low trade in value. Mid Summer they seem to drop in price and while you still find plenty of people asking more the ones that sell are priced closer to NADA high value. Then again in September I typically see them go back up a little in value followed by a fair drop for winter. I personally would be willing to pay high NADA trade in value for a clean bike plus upto and extra 15% of that value for accessories. I value accessories at about 50% of new cost.

SO on a 2007 WR450 NADA Shows $3,040 as high and I would be willing to go as high as $3,500 if the bike was outfitted with $900-$1000 in accessories. This would be the top for a very clean and nice bike that needs nothing and has everything.

I think this is spot on. A $3500 bike could be had for $2800 in the winter months

Caleb

Given you're buying in the prime riding season, I think $3500 would be a fair deal. I'd push for a deal around $3400 but settle with $3500. I think what deviant said is pretty much spot on, one thing is I don't value most accessories near what he does. If it's something like a HDB setup, I'd value that at close to 75% of new cost, but most (not all) other things are really consumables and need to be replaced, rebuilt, repacked, etc so I don't put much value in them even if they are brand new or near brand new.

jentzschman

Awesome. I have no experience with 4T's so its good to get as much feedback as I can. I am hoping to get over to look at one this week. Anything in particular I should know when looking at one?