Vanco disk brake kit.

Green Leader

Has anyone had any experience with this product? The kit allows you to put a bigger rotor on a D30 and a dual piston caliper. It looks like a great kit just want some feed back on it. Hopefully some one has installed one. If you want to read about it just search Vanco Brake kit on the internet.

themaniam1

Just Empty Every Pocket
I have never delt with them on my own rigs but I have never heard anyone say anything bad about them. If I were to redue my rigs brakes, that is the kit I would go with.

I do question why bother on D30? You really do not need to up grade the brakes unless you are running 35" tires or larger and then I would not bother until I was running 37s.

1993yj

Agreed. I would not put $750 into a D30 unless it was for an ARB. Gears and lockers are about the only upgrades I would do on a D30. I am running 35's on mine with stock brakes and have no issues. I did notice a difference in braking when I put an 8.8 in the rear with discs. I don't think that you will see that much of a difference to make it worth it.

When mine used to be a DD, the biggest braking problem I had was in the snow. My front brakes would lock up while my rears would barely grab, making me slide forever. I took out the proportioning valve which helped, and then the discs in the rear helped too. You will still slide a bit in the snow, but I think that is because Jeeps are just so light, especially when you put a bigger footprint on them.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I have the Vanco vacuume brake kit on my CJ (the stock stuff was in bad shape and was really unsafe). Its a nice kit and Van is a great guy to work with.

If you need a little better braking you may want to go with some performance pads and rotors and save some cash. I'm sure Van's kit is kick ass but doyou really need it vs. $$?

Green Leader

Thanks

i am running 35's right now and do have a little bit of a hard time trying to stop quickly. my jeep is my everyday car so i wanted to make it stop faster a lot better. i will be adding a disk brake convertion on my rear axle. do you think that will make a good enough change that i don't need to worry about it?

1993yj

That rear disc conversion helps, but if you have a D35 rear axle, i would put that money towards a better axle that comes with discs (newer TJ D44's should be a direct bolt in for you). If you already have a D44 rear, then you might be able to just get the parts to switch over to disc.