Vehicle insurance

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I don't do insurance, but if you have a good, clean record, Bear River Mutual is the way to go. Only problem is getting them to accept you. It's hard to get on, but once you do, no one in the state can get you better rates. I pay a little under $100/month for my YJ (liability), my wife's Corolla (full coverage), and renter's insurance.
Devin

Caleb

DevinB said:
I don't do insurance, but if you have a good, clean record, Bear River Mutual is the way to go. Only problem is getting them to accept you. It's hard to get on, but once you do, no one in the state can get you better rates. I pay a little under $100/month for my YJ (liability), my wife's Corolla (full coverage), and renter's insurance.
Devin

and there's not another single company out there that will get their customers sued faster than Bear River...they never pay claims...

I go through State Farm, pay about $100 a month for full coverage on my F350 and my wife's Jetta...I may be able to get it a little cheaper else where but I have been more than happy with the way they have handled my claims (geting a check the same day type of things).

Last edited:

Maxxsmoke

NOObee
I agree they suck and if you claim they will drop you like a hot potatoe then your really screwed cause when a company drops you your now high risk so if a company quotes you the rate sky rocket

JoeT

I have Bear River for mine and love them. Got sick of getting screwed by Farmers, morons! Paid $135 for basic coverage at Farmers then for the same price full coverage at Bear River for a newer car. FYI I've been with Bear for 10+ years.

Maxxsmoke

NOObee
yea yea you love them ......Have you ever had a claim ? and I mean a real claim not a windshield. I'd bet no. everyone LOVES their insurance until you need it !

V-DAWG

someday
I have also heard that Bear River drags their feet to pay your claim, which in turn can cause you some serious problems. Sure the premiums are less, but so is the quality.

I have Allstate, and so far I am pleased with them. I get a multiple car discount, and have my home insurance with them as well. I have never had to make a claim though :ugh: :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
V-DAWG said:
I have also heard that Bear River drags their feet to pay your claim, which in turn can cause you some serious problems. Sure the premiums are less, but so is the quality.

I have Allstate, and so far I am pleased with them. I get a multiple car discount, and have my home insurance with them as well. I have never had to make a claim though :ugh: :D

Allstate person here. Can't complain (as far as insurance companies go) other than I think we pay WAY more for any coverage than we should {covering for the executives 'golden parachutes' and rediculous salaries so they can go be dumb@sses}.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
BearRiver has all sorts of riders and exemptions. I had them when I lived at my parents....PITA....And Jake would never qualify for their policies :D

We have had GIECO for 7 years now and they have been GREAT. Very easy to deal with, always get a real live person when I call, and they are FAST. We have had several claims, 2 big ones, and no problems or hikes....

Caleb

rckcrlr said:
BearRiver has all sorts of riders and exemptions. I had them when I lived at my parents....PITA....And Jake would never qualify for their policies :D

We have had GIECO for 7 years now and they have been GREAT. Very easy to deal with, always get a real live person when I call, and they are FAST. We have had several claims, 2 big ones, and no problems or hikes....

my in-laws have Geico and they had a big accident (rollover) and Geico wants to drop them now. They want to pay my mother-in-law a settlement (got pretty messed up, been through three surgeries already) and drop them. Sucks to be in their situation.

Meat_

Banned
Supergper said:
my in-laws have Geico and they had a big accident (rollover) and Geico wants to drop them now. They want to pay my mother-in-law a settlement (got pretty messed up, been through three surgeries already) and drop them. Sucks to be in their situation.

On May 8th a dumbass insured by GEICO hit me in my work truck. I'm still dealing with them on that. It's definatly a more complicated situation than someone's minivan getting hit but....

DToy

A very good friend of mine is an insurance agent at Bowen-Leavitt in Orem. My wife and I have full coverage on our '99 Dodge Ram, '91 Toyota 4Runner, and liability on our '88 4Runner and pay about $118 per month with Allied Insurance. They work with several companies, so he can usually find you a better rate than what you have now. Plus, he's a fellow 'wheeler. He takes care of his clients, especially if you ever have a claim. Another buddy was with Allied and rolled his truck in Moab, and they paid his claim no problem.

Call Kevin Crystal at Bowen-Leavitt at 226-7283 and tell him Darrell sent you.

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
rckcrlr said:

Hey whats that suppesed to mean? I drive good fast and all over but i do it good :D

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Liberty Mutual.

I just went from Geic-hoe with a rollover in Mar I claimed and dropped from 185 a mos to 120 a mos.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Tjjeepjunkie said:
Hey whats that suppesed to mean? I drive good fast and all over but i do it good :D

BR wanted me to sign a contract that said I don't drink and if I had had ANY alcohol and was involved in an accident, they would not cover it!

my4thjeep

I have had Nationwide/Allied Insurance for 14 years. We pay $125 a month for a 05 Rubicon and a 05 Liberty includes full coverage, uninsured, rental, gap and $250 deductible. They have been very good with fast claims, fair settlements and good legal representation (I got sued by an idiot pedestrian). I have had several accidents that were not my fault but where they still had to pay. Things like 2 uninsured motorists smashing into me, a pedestrian who head butted my car while I was doing 40. Recently my wife had a medical problem and she passed out, totaling her brand new car again they performed quite well including paying off the car with in 2 business days.