vehicle value

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Truely glad I decided to sink my money into my Cruiser... I could easily sell if for more than I am into it. A local guy sold his FJ40 (built by Cruiser Outfitters, a literal twin to mine less some of the extras I have) for $27,500. Though a possible fluke, built Cruiser sell for ALOT on ebay and such...

That being said... I will never sell my 40 :D

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
my '97 TJ is probably only worth between $7K and $9k. At least that is what I might be able to get out of it if I tried to sell it. Unfortunately, due to my stupidity, that wouldn't even pay off the credit card bills I acquired when I went crazy and sunk a bunch of money into it.

R

rockdog

value Of junk

Knew a kid that lived up the street years ago, that bought and sold cars. He made bank doing this. I looked at a car one day he had bought in cali. I told him no way would i pay what he wanted for it. His response was something I'd heard over many times. Theres a sucker born every minute. If you polish it up , people will overlook the flaws. He sold it the next day.
Whats my junk worth? A few hundred dollars in parts if parted out. Whats it worth to me ? Priceless if i get to beat the shite out of it and have fun doing it. :D

richpblaze

My junk????????

I have invested roughly $12,500. You could walk up to me today and offer $25,000 and I would laugh in your face. Not to mention that I have built this junk to my liking but it has sentimental value as well. It is not for sale, or will it ever be for sale. The main reason for this is that I know I will never get what I feel it is worth, or what I invested in it. :eek: :eek:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
hahah this is a depressing thread.

my M-Cherokee project has probably got about... 7k in it, and it's not worth the gas to tow it off right now.... eh, maybe with scrap being what it is right now it's worth THAT. I wouldn't ever sell it though. Instead, I'm going to sink more money into it and maybe this time end up with something I like.

The little Cherokee isn't worth anywhere near what I had to pay for it, but it's fun and maybe I'll forget.

The parted out red Cherokee was well worth the $200 I bought it for, I had a great time across the country with it, and even more fun beating it's Bondo-laden rusty-ass body to death with a sledge. Anyone picking stuff up here is welcome to take a swing, until I get it off the property. :D

I agree, the comp buggies look like a damn good deal.. good enough that I should probably just not even look at the ads... I'm in enough trouble with my wife over all the trucks here LOL

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Tacoma said:
I agree, the comp buggies look like a damn good deal.. good enough that I should probably just not even look at the ads...

I agree with you on this but, that is alot of money to put out all at once.

I think the money we (most of us anyway) have in our rigs has been invested over time. and only seems like alot when we add it up. :-\ :sick:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I frankly think it is only worth what someone is willing to pay.[/QUOTE said:
You are exactly right. Everything is only worth what someone is willing to pay. All of the junk at my house is worthless to most people, but to those who enjoy our sport it is priceless. :)