• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Vinyl Decals!!!

Tim500x2000

1991 Tota X-cab
Bought a new toy so now i'm playing with making custom vinyl decals. PM me if you're looking for custom stickers for your car, boat, home, atv's or anything else you might want a sticker for. My dimensions one way are 24"and can go as long as needed. If you have something in mind send me the image, size and color and i'll give you a price and let you know if my setup will let it be done.

I'm by no means a professional, using professional equipment or charging professional prices so hopefully thats understood This just occupies some time and adds a buck or 2 to the empty coffee can of wheeling/broken parts money. Besides i'm hoping nobody here would pay big bucks for a sticker that's gonna get chewed up on the trails anyway. Here are a few examples of some I've done already.

Isuzu amigo 1.jpgIsuzu amigo 2.jpgfatboy.jpgsuperneck.jpgmopar1.jpg

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
What type of file do you need your software to generate? You might try Inkscape, it's free and fairly powerful for that stuff.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Speaking of which, does anyone have "normalish" size RME stickers for sale?

Also I want these cut out in some stainless steel for 84 4runners mud flaps :D

We are working a new run. The last run of stickers had the larger web address (rockymountainextreme.com).
Hang tight!

Tim500x2000

1991 Tota X-cab
Can you do two colors?

Can only do single color at the moment. Still working on the sizing to be able to do layers for two colors.

What type of file do you need your software to generate? You might try Inkscape, it's free and fairly powerful for that stuff.

I believe it's SVG. I'm actually running Inkscape there's just a lot of different tools and stuff that i'm still learning. I'm not the best when it comes to files and by no means trained in graphic design programs. Still going day by day.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I believe it's SVG. I'm actually running Inkscape there's just a lot of different tools and stuff that i'm still learning. I'm not the best when it comes to files and by no means trained in graphic design programs. Still going day by day.

Just so you know, an SVG file is one of the types I can use for my CNC plasma table too--so if you have something you've designed for vinyl that you want in metal, you're probably 90% ready already. :)

Tim500x2000

1991 Tota X-cab
Do you have many colors? Do you have a store where I can run by a monogram that I need for the wife. I need it in a light orange

No I don't have a store or anything. Just bought it for my own entertainment really. Figured if I could make a few extra bucks for some gas and parts money here and there. I have a fairly bright orange. Wouldn't consider it quite flourescent but it's pretty bright. Let me know what you have in mind.

Tim500x2000

1991 Tota X-cab
Just so you know, an SVG file is one of the types I can use for my CNC plasma table too--so if you have something you've designed for vinyl that you want in metal, you're probably 90% ready already. :)

Picked up some 1/16 diamond plate some time ago and been itching to dig into it and do something cool. How do you charge for something like that? Especially if I supplied the material. Hourly? Size of Cut? Would you be how thick can your machine cut aluminum and steel? Sorry for all the questions just not too familiar with metal work.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Picked up some 1/16 diamond plate some time ago and been itching to dig into it and do something cool. How do you charge for something like that? Especially if I supplied the material. Hourly? Size of Cut? Would you be how thick can your machine cut aluminum and steel? Sorry for all the questions just not too familiar with metal work.

Sorry, I missed this until now.

If you supply the drawing and the material, then I'd just charge for the linear inches of cut.

I can cut up to 1/2" steel reasonably (thicker is doable, but not as efficiently). The thickest aluminum I've tried is 1/4", but I should be fine up to 3/8" or maybe even 1/2" there too.

Tim500x2000

1991 Tota X-cab
Sorry, I missed this until now.

If you supply the drawing and the material, then I'd just charge for the linear inches of cut.

I can cut up to 1/2" steel reasonably (thicker is doable, but not as efficiently). The thickest aluminum I've tried is 1/4", but I should be fine up to 3/8" or maybe even 1/2" there too.

No worries, How is that charged roughly or I guess what's the charge per linear inch? Say aluminum diamond plate 1/16 or 1/8 PM me for the details. Thanks

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
I like em!

And. Very true about them getting smashed into rocks lol
Just see what you can do about the big ones and let me know and I'll swing by and at least get the small ones.