VisionX LED light bar...

reddman

Fabber
VisionX just released an even newer LED light bar. We just got one of the first ones, figured you guys might want to see how bad-a this thing is.

Their first generation of LED light bars were called Xmitter iirc. The new generation, which is blindingly bright I might add, is called RefleX. They weigh far less than the light bars (4x 8" VisionX HIDs) we used to run on our prerunners. There is a little less light than 4x 8" HIDs, I would say it looks like its about equal to 3x HIDs. You would have to be insane to actually look into any of these lights, LED or HID. :cool:

Between the tiny amount of power used (you can feed two of these with a single 14g wire!), the light weight, and the compactness of them, I think you will start to see a lot more of these in the rocks and the desert.

Attachments

• 2009-12-23 09.51.34.jpg
    2009-12-23 09.51.34.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 19
  • 2009-12-24 17.52.54.jpg
    2009-12-24 17.52.54.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 2009-12-26 17.04.55.jpg
    2009-12-26 17.04.55.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 37

reddman

Fabber
Around $1500. It sounds expensive (ok, it IS expensive, race quality parts always are), but compared to what it's replacing, it's actually not that bad. Good race quality HID lights will run around $400 to $800 each, so by the time you build a light bar and buy all the HIDs, you could actually save some money with one of these.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
just curious, are they actually made for that application? i remember a while back people were having problems with LED's dying from vibration (this was on cars as replacements for license plate lights)

just wondering, cause i really love the nice clear light they produce and how little power they use, i have quite a few of them in flashlights and even outdoor lighting at my house

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Around $1500. It sounds expensive (ok, it IS expensive, race quality parts always are), but compared to what it's replacing, it's actually not that bad. Good race quality HID lights will run around $400 to $800 each, so by the time you build a light bar and buy all the HIDs, you could actually save some money with one of these.

I can follow that logic. But until I win the lottery or marry rich, I'll stick with my IPF H4 conversion :sick:

reddman

Fabber
just curious, are they actually made for that application? i remember a while back people were having problems with LED's dying from vibration (this was on cars as replacements for license plate lights)

just wondering, cause i really love the nice clear light they produce and how little power they use, i have quite a few of them in flashlights and even outdoor lighting at my house

Yes, these were designed specifically for desert and rockcrawling. The only time we have ever managed to break a VisionX light was during an 80 mph barrel roll, a rock got shoved through the lense. We replaced the glass and it's good as new.

This car is headed to Vegas this week so Dustin can put some air under the tires, I'll report back on the lights performance.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
cool deal, they sure look nice but i am with wayne... i spent $1500 on my cherokee :rofl:

reddman

Fabber
nice pic, Redd :rofl: Nice to see the Willys inside, and stuffed full of stuff though. :beer:

I'm pretty stoked that it's spending the winter indoors, and I'm even working on it (on the rare occasion that I have a free moment).

i found some of the visonx light on amazon starting at 119.00 they are little good for rock lights

They make Halogen and HID lights that use the same housings. The HIDs cost a lot more, but they put out just a ridiculous amount of light, way more than "normal" lights. I'll try to get a side by side comparison of the light output one of these days, it's worth every penny for HID imo. They are too bright for rock lights though, normal halogen is a far better choice for rock lights.

(btw I don't work for or get anything from VisionX, hell I don't even own any myself, I just dream about owning some while I stick them on customer's race cars)

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
(btw I don't work for or get anything from VisionX, hell I don't even own any myself, I just dream about owning some while I stick them on customer's race cars)

I've been digging them since I saw Shannon Campbell's rig with some like them on it - not sure what brand he runs? But from then on I've liked the look, but never looked into cost.