Report Wandering Through Siberia - Russia E7 Trip Report

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Lake baikal and antarctica are both on my life list.

Amazing trip. I dont have the words.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Sit down for a minute and started flipping through the channels, low an behold Long Way Round is on and its the Road of Bones and Magadan segment :cool:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he's working.

Better yet, sign up for CruiserFest this year. Bruce will be offering a class (free with registration) on adventure photography and cinematography and have a Q&A session. That alone is worth the $60 reg, add the trail rides, 4 meals, and MMP activities and they are giving away the best deal out there: http://www.cruiserfest.com/

You should sign up and join us for the Moab to CruiserFest trip, it is shaping up to be a killer group, just a few spots left.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks for sharing your adventure. How hard was it to get visa's to travel that far through the country?

The expedition leader Scott brady and his team did all the leg work there. We had to apply months in advance, receive an official invitation from their government and send our passports to their consulate to be approved and stamped prior to departing for Russia.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
A trip down memory lane... Scott, Clay, Andrey and myself were able to hang for a bit last night. We were all in one place (SEMA) show and it was fun to catch up and recall some of the more memorable and colorful moments. Andrey is the editor for a major 4x4 publication in Russia, he brought with him a few copies of the mag. Turns out Scott, Clay and myself made the cover in some awkward pose. :D

cover.jpg

I have zero clue what the captions reads, anyone here fluent in Russianese?

Last edited:

Troop92

Not a bad translation, Stephen.

Kolyma is a region in the far eastern portion of Russia. It has the Eastern Siberian Sea and Arctic Ocean to the North, and the Sea of Okhotsk on the south. Basically the horribly cold and brutal region where Stalin had his Gulags. Biggest town is Magadan, also an important sea port. Pretty place, really.