Wanted. 1991 Honda CRX Sunroof Panel ASAP

Chase39

My daily driver's sunroof panel decided to take flight the other day. It was rusted so bad nothing was holding it in place. I need one and can't find one. Except for 400 bucks on ebay which is 100 bucks more than i paid for the car. If anybody knows anybody parting out one or just knows where one is sitting. That information would be very helpful!

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Have you checked junk yards? They usually have 1 or 2 CRX's in them. The hard part will be finding one that is an Si model as those are the only ones that had a sunroof. HF and DX models do not. But on the plus side I think that all 88-91 model CRX Si sunroof will fit, not just the 91.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
If you need other CRX parts let me know, I have a few left overs from owning several over the years.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I would spend some time with an english wheel and just reskin the roof and cover up the sunroof since its just a beater anyways

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Forget the english wheel, those are for good stuff--not patching up a hole in a $300 car. :p Flat sheetmetal and caulk, baby!

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
obviously you need to buy another 300.00 crx and cut the roof off to fix this one

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Forget the english wheel, those are for good stuff--not patching up a hole in a $300 car. :p Flat sheetmetal and caulk, baby!

You guys are going about this all wrong.

This reminds me of something I saw a couple years ago. I pulled in for lunch and parked next to an old beater Hyundai of some sort. It had a sunroof, and apparently it froze in place while barely cracked open. The owner opted for the cheap fix and grabbed the RTV silicone. But rather than apply it artfully, he applied it liberally... as in, very liberally... all over everything, including the wind deflector.

Feast your eyes on this:

sunroof.jpg

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Yeah, I am thinking a piece of plexy glass and some silicone will do the trick.. It would in my car at least :D

Chase39

I actually found one. In North Carolina. a little more than i wanted to spend but its done and over with! I would have fixed the old one but the inner structure was so rusted it was what gave out. I lost it on the freeway at about 95. never turned back haha

Chase39

Plus I do body and paint so I plan on squirting this thing once my ford is back up and running. This car has been through hell the last 3 years and deserves a little fixing up. The interior is clean and the only thing that did not work was the soon to be fixed sunroof! so a couple fenders and some paint and she's good to go!