Wanted Wanted: hitch-mounted bike rack

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
The 15 & 20mm axles are SUPER stiff and stout. I'll never go back to 9mm QRs, even though the new axles make it a bit of a pain to remove the front wheel.

That link to that rack is a great price! That would be a good solution too. It holds the frame instead of the front wheel.

Ahh.. I have never broken an axle (then again not too much worry about that on a roadie) so 9mm is good for me.. I have purchased a TON from nashbar, great CS and 99% great products

sixstringsteve

I've never broken one either, but I prefer the feel of a big axle in there. It flexes a lot less.

Thanks again for the link, I've never purchased from Nashbar before.

sixstringsteve

I'm so close to pulling the trigger, but I really want to see one in person to see how sturdy they are...

What's nashbar's return policy like?

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I'm so close to pulling the trigger, but I really want to see one in person to see how sturdy they are...

What's nashbar's return policy like?

Like anything online that is the million dollar question.. what is it like in real life...

I have only ever returned 1 thing but when I contacted them online their reply was "Keep it we will ship you out another" (this was due to product defect... anyhow they have a 100% satisfaction thing http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Static...alogId=10052&langId=-1&fContentName=NBReturns so you can return pretty cheap (some shipping cost on return it looks like)

sixstringsteve

I've seen those northshore racks. People love them.

They also seem really easy to build. I can't put my finger on why, but I'm worried about hanging the bike from the fork. I think I really want something like the thule t-2 for my truck.