Wanted Wanted: LS1 for my next project

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Anyone have a good LS1 sitting around they wont be using (for a while) I need one asap for my next project. I'm also looking for a 2 wheel drive (I know :rolleyes:) 4l60e.

Not a jeep project, but I would guess it will have guys like Steve drooling! ;)

UFAB

LS1 is the first of LS motors

I would get a LS2 or LQ9

L92 as well

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

AaronPaige

I have been calling around to the local yards and watching ksl but have not got one yet either I'm considering just getting one from a big recycling company off eBay

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I'm fairly familiar with what the LS1 is, and have specific reasons for asking for it.

I've used eaby in the past with good results, but mostly like LKQ. Their prices are high for their selection right now. I might have to try ebay again.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Good luck with the search. I can't wait to the day when I come back to the states after this Korea tour and hopefully Europe tour after to start my first LS based project.

blznnp

I have seen a couple on ksl lately but not sure what your looking to spend. One was a ls1 with a t56 another just the ls1

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I'm kind of surprised to see the prices as high as they are. It's been a while since I purchased one, but it seems like they were cheaper then. Seems like a good one was around $2500. Now I'm seeing them anywhere from $3-5k, with lots of miles. I think we settled on one off of ebay. Complete with a transmission and a warranty that starts after the swap is done, not the day I buy it. It's not the cheapest, but we feel it's a good compromise between price and miles. Price is under $5k.

Still if one pops up here in the next day or so, I'd like to at least talk about it.

blznnp

I haven't looked in a few days but there was one for $1900 with 105-110k miles on it, from A1 auto parts the add said. Another one was $3500 with transmission. Not sure on miles but it was the t56

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have been calling around to the local yards and watching ksl but have not got one yet either I'm considering just getting one from a big recycling company off eBay
I

I bought one off of the big LS1 recyclers on ebay. I sold it a little over a year ago since the project it was going in got mothballed and I have no plans to resurrect it anytime soon. I ended up selling it to a guy in Kanab. A friend of mine who told me about the ebay company has bought several from them and they all have been as advertised and good motors.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
sellers username on ebay is fparts. They have a 100% positive feedback on almost 33,000 items sold. Thats a pretty good record.

I think you need this one.

I'll look into what he has.

LS7 huh? In a 2500 lbs car? Put it this way: half the power of an ls7 is still more than twice the power of the stock engine! An LS1 will be dangerous enough as it is. And where the heck would I put the sump?

AaronPaige

Most that I have seen are complete covers, o2 sensors wiring everything and for 500 extra they make them a 2 wire run

Last edited:

AaronPaige

But although I have not done it there are instructions to trim down a harness all over the ls performance forums and 150 tunes will set up your ecm for life for 150$

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Do the engines come with ECU, or brackets and acc. also or just the engine?

The one I bought from fparts was the motor, tranny, a/c compressor, alternator, power steering pump, complete harness & computer. It even had the radiator hoses still connected to it. It had around 35K miles on it and I believe I paid around $4,250 for it and it cost around $750 to have it shipped.

Last edited:

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
I'll look into what he has.

LS7 huh? In a 2500 lbs car? Put it this way: half the power of an ls7 is still more than twice the power of the stock engine! An LS1 will be dangerous enough as it is. And where the heck would I put the sump?

If it's worth overdoing, it's worth over-overdoing.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Found one on eBay. 2002 z28 with 47k miles. Comes with the 4l60e and every other bolt on, harness, ecu, ect. Paid $4325. That included purchasing corvette engine covers for $125. They were pretty high with their shipping price at $500. I got the local fastenal to pick it up for me and ship it here for $180, coming from SC. Not a bad price at all.

Now let the fun begin!

Up next is a $6k front ifs set up...

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Was it fparts or another seller? That is about the same exact mileage, accessories & price I paid for the one I recently sold. Congratulations and we all expect to see a build thread started.