Wanted: Offroad trailer or the parts to build one

sixstringsteve

I picked up a small trailer. IT will meet my needs for me now, but I'm still gathering parts to build one just the way I want.

I'm looking for:

6 lug trailer axle
ft steelies
vintage toyota truck bed, or at least the upper portion with the hooks.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I picked up a small trailer. IT will meet my needs for me now, but I'm still gathering parts to build one just the way I want.

I'm looking for:

6 lug trailer axle
ft steelies
vintage toyota truck bed, or at least the upper portion with the hooks.

Just buy a new axle and have it made with the exact measurements you want, make sure to order it with brake flanges on it so you can add brakes later if you find you may want them.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
When I asked State Trailer they wouldn't make me a six lug axle any lighter than 3500lbs or so. That's a lot of axle for a light trailer, anybody know who might make a 1000lb axle with six lugs? I don't want to use hub adapters and I'd rather not use a truck axle.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I used a 3500 lb axle on my trailer for just that reason. It really isn't much larger physically than a 1000 lb axle--the tube size is a bit larger (2 3/8" vs. 2" or so) and the inner wheel bearing is larger. They'll still make it whatever width you want. (at least Henderson's will, that's who made mine)

I didn't mind...a heavier-duty axle just means it's less likely to bend later. :)

sixstringsteve

Yeah, that's a great looking trailer. I'm betting it's out of my price range. Not saying it's not worth his price, more that I could save a lot doing it myself.

sixstringsteve

Yeah, no RTT for me, i prefer sleeping on the ground.

I picked up that datsun trailer, thanks sawtooth.

Last edited: