Warn XD9000i Multi-Mount Portable Winch

PolarXJ

HO-P
Hey everbodee!!!

I'm in the market for a winch, and was wondering on ya'll's opinion on the portable winch by warn. Is it worth it, or should I stick to the standard front bumper mount?

Badger

I am the Brute squad
i use the Warn 9500ti multi mount .hasn't given me a problem yet.i like the ability to be able to go backward or forward depending on the what the problem is.the only thing you are going to have to get over is the weight issue of the thing.
Dscf0005.sized.jpg

plus it can be stored out of sight and out of the weather till you need it

R

rockdog

guther66 said:
Hey everbodee!!!

I'm in the market for a winch, and was wondering on ya'll's opinion on the portable winch by warn. Is it worth it, or should I stick to the standard front bumper mount?

I think wayne xj has one of these. Well Wayne, do you like it? Or at least you did until you smoked your winch trying to pull that ungreatfull basteed up the waterfall on the con. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

muleskinner

Tie it down. I had one in the back of my Cruiser years ago and flopped onto the side with the hard top on... They make good projectiles :eek:

Caleb

muleskinner said:
Tie it down. I had one in the back of my Cruiser years ago and flopped onto the side with the hard top on... They make good projectiles :eek:

yep, this is the only thing you really have to worry about with one of these...if you keep it in your vehicle and you flop or roll, there isn't much thats gonna stop it from taking you out...or like Wayne said, just keep it mounted (if you do this I would suggest a locking receiver pin.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
ya mine stays strapped down .have never had it move on me yet while wheeling .if i know it's going to be a good day i mount it as soon as i hit the trail.i'm also going to make a mount for it in the rear inside so it can be locked down