Water to replace gasoline?

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Call me a skeptic but this is just a bit too far fetched.. seriously running a car for 100 miles on 4 OZ of water.. I can't buy that.. there is only so much stored energy in 4OZ of water. no mater what you do with it it still has the same amount of energy. this is just BS.. I will stick with E85 :)

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
There's a guy at work that was talking about a kit to add on to your existing car that takes water and turns it into hydrogen and injects it into the intake. He said it took his car from 30 to 50 mpg and the kit cost ~$300.

How true it is? Who knows... For $300 to gain 20 mpg, if it's legitate, I'm sold :)

Jeeptj98

waynehartwig said:
There's a guy at work that was talking about a kit to add on to your existing car that takes water and turns it into hydrogen and injects it into the intake. He said it took his car from 30 to 50 mpg and the kit cost ~$300.

How true it is? Who knows... For $300 to gain 20 mpg, if it's legitate, I'm sold :)

Legitate?:confused: :ugh:

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
they just did that one on mythbusters.(hydrogen conversion) the kit they bought on the internet did produce hydrogen but not enough to run a car on. they couldnt even get the car to start. untill they hooked a hose to a hydrogen bottle and ran it straight into the carb, then it ran.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
EKSJAE said:
they just did that one on mythbusters.(hydrogen conversion) the kit they bought on the internet did produce hydrogen but not enough to run a car on. they couldnt even get the car to start. untill they hooked a hose to a hydrogen bottle and ran it straight into the carb, then it ran.
The one I'm referring to was used in addition to gas, not as a replacement for.

Crinco

TooeleCherokee said:
Call me a skeptic but this is just a bit too far fetched.. seriously running a car for 100 miles on 4 OZ of water.. I can't buy that.. there is only so much stored energy in 4OZ of water. no mater what you do with it it still has the same amount of energy. this is just BS.. I will stick with E85 :)

I agree with that up to a point. Remember that when you "burn" H2O, the byproduct is WATER, so take that water, capture it and run it through again! Over and over again. I am not saying what he has is a for-sure thing, but I will say I sure hope to H&LL it is!!! Between that and Ethenol, we could bring oil down on it's knees (like WE are NOW) and only need to use enough oil that we might not have to import any from other countrys. Imagine for a moment what could happen to the economy if it only cost a few dollars to fill your "tank", where else would you spend your money? Everywhere! Of course, I drive a diesel.:(
I'm done.
Chris R.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Crinco said:
I agree with that up to a point. Remember that when you "burn" H2O, the byproduct is WATER, so take that water, capture it and run it through again! Over and over again. Chris R.

Thats perpetual Motion.. there is a law of physics that says that doesn't work... I would say this would be cool if it were real and I would go with one of those 300$ kits.. Maybe we should get one as a group and test it...:eek:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
The only problem I see with that is in the areas where water is scarce, like LA and LV. Even us here. We're already looking for alternate water sources just to take care of the growing population we have. I wonder what would happen if they were to use water straight out of the ocean, un purified. The salt would probably start forming deposits and plug everything up....:-\

Bleeding_raptor

Bloody Mess
waynehartwig said:
The only problem I see with that is in the areas where water is scarce, like LA and LV. Even us here. We're already looking for alternate water sources just to take care of the growing population we have. I wonder what would happen if they were to use water straight out of the ocean, un purified. The salt would probably start forming deposits and plug everything up....:-\

We would have enough salt to feed the world