We grown 'em big in the midwest

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I think a lot of people just have strange build habits when they construct a crawler. Myself, I would attempt that with a mildly built samurai with a good cage but some people like to be able to just point and shoot...I am to poorly funded to overbuild....

Most of those rigs wouldn't even fit through many trails in the mountains....I can think of a couple spots in moab that would be simply impossible for that 46" tires behemoth to navigate...it would get wedged in!!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
that would be funny to see..........getting wedged in.

.....that's a funny word, wedge.....

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Yup, but look at the terrain those guys wheel. WIIIIIIIIIIIIDE open, they're not getting wedged in anywhere, so that is not a concern in the build process. It appears they want to climb huge steps, and their rigs are built for that. Those guys would get spanked if they came out here and tried some of our narrow, tight trails, and I doubt if they would fit between any of Craig's cones. But if we headed out to their hood in our rigs, we'd get equally spanked by their terrain. I don't think it's gay that they build appropriately for the trails they have in their back yard.

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
damm spence, you know how to put people in there place.

thats why i dont post much. i hate fealing like a dumbass or a whinney bitch. lol :rofl:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by limegrnxj
damm spence, you know how to put people in there place.

thats why i dont post much. i hate fealing like a dumbass or a whinney bitch. lol :rofl:

post away...just don't expect us to feel for you if your feelings get hurt!!!:rofl: :rofl:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Originally posted by RockMonkey
Yup, but look at the terrain those guys wheel. WIIIIIIIIIIIIDE open, they're not getting wedged in anywhere, so that is not a concern in the build process. It appears they want to climb huge steps, and their rigs are built for that. Those guys would get spanked if they came out here and tried some of our narrow, tight trails, and I doubt if they would fit between any of Craig's cones. But if we headed out to their hood in our rigs, we'd get equally spanked by their terrain. I don't think it's gay that they build appropriately for the trails they have in their back yard.

BLA, BLA, BLA................ is this over yet?

i think we all made some points.....whinning doesn't get anywhere.

I think they are compensating for something with those 46"ers...........oops

.....ps, i qouted the wrong one, sorry.......

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Originally posted by spencurai
Myself, I would attempt that with a mildly built samurai with a good cage
46" tires behemoth to navigate...

Hey I had a funny, do you think a sami on those tires would be able to walk on water? seriosly... whats the weight on a sami...

Bones

Yeah they are built for steep ledges around this area. But there are also a lot of stuff in the woods these guys still squeeeeeze through. I remember seeing this rig

DSC00097.jpg

in a 4x rag a couple years ago in Moab and it spanked some nasty **** out there as well. These guys (Wagoneer Machine Shop) are in UT all the time wheelin/testing new stuff.

Still IMO it's a point and shoot rig, but they work good and are fun to watch. :cool:

I'd LOVE to see a stock sami go up that ledge :eek: The line to the left is tough enough for 33-37" tired guys and 100-105" WB's :rofl:

Bones

Eeek! Somebody put a lot of work into this rig, and forgot to build a cage! I gotta believe this thing is capable of getting itself into some nasty terrain where rollovers are likely. Scary...
I see those things there all the time. Sometimes with a baby seat in the back and nothing over the child :confused: Process of elimination I guess.

Caleb

lets keep this thread going on topic...

I would hate to see a kid (especially one thats small enough to be in a car seat, meaning they dont make the decision) get hurt or even worse killed because they didn't put the effort inot their rig to make it safe for all passengers...

I agree with Braden that all rigs are built with their terrain in mind...I like to see all kinds of rigs built as long as they are actually used (thats more than I can say for my own:D)

robrocketanski

sometimes i think i enjoy this playing w/ this stuff because i like to make stuff, you know, like legos or something. i mean half the fun is making the crazy thing then seeing how it works as opposed to just trying to get through some trail with as little change from stock as possible.

Originally posted by Bones
Makes that 6'~ ledge look like a speed bump. There is a point IMO where that kind of a rig takes the fun out of wheelin'

I'm not so sure I agree with you there, it sure looks fun to me.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Originally posted by Bones
Makes that 6'~ ledge look like a speed bump. There is a point IMO where that kind of a rig takes the fun out of wheelin'

oh yeah. monster trucks are big as hell and they look WAYYYYY boring to drive... let me tell ya (notice sarcasm). do you think he is frowning in that picture?
sorry but you expressed your opinion and i expressed mine... sound fair? ehhh who cares anyway, every rig sucks for 1 reason or 100 reasons.

-nate

Bones

Originally posted by xj_punk

oh yeah. monster trucks are big as hell and they look WAYYYYY boring to drive... let me tell ya (notice sarcasm). do you think he is frowning in that picture?
sorry but you expressed your opinion and i expressed mine... sound fair? ehhh who cares anyway, every rig sucks for 1 reason or 100 reasons.

-nate

:confused:

NC Zuk

Bootylicious!!!
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

Did I get my point across? :confused: Guess not!

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

How about that time? :D

I love the internet!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :p :p :p

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by NC Zuk

Did I get my point across? :confused: Guess not!

How about that time? :D

I love the internet!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :p :p :p

No joke, too funny.

About this whole Thread.... I dig the 130" Wheel Base, 44" Boggered, 2.5 Ton Axle'd rigs. It's diffrent. Remember the Arby's commercial?? Diffrent is good. :rofl: