We need a minute from all wheelers: 7 Days to save the Hammers (Aug 6th to 14th).

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Thanks wncrockbouncer.... glad the info was helpful.

Thanks, I was hoping it would help get a couple extra people out there calling or sending correspondence in some way...

I used to be a person sitting on the sidelines and I really just needed to know what I could do. Its as simple as calling the person listed above and explaining you heard about the area and would like to go at some point to enjoy the land... or you may be more versed with the exact situation and YOU can explain in detail your thoughts on what should happen with the area.

Heres just an example if you want to speak up but are aprehensive on what to say, the people you call actually work for you:

"Hello this is Ryan Connon and I’m calling from the Utah area. I’m an avid off roader that responsibly enjoys the their right to use the public trail systems in my local area and would like to talk to you about keeping the Johnson Valley riding area (known as the Hammers) open to the public. I want to stress that this property is very import to me and I would like to take my family and friends there to enjoy the wonderful trails I've heard so much about. If any of this allocated property is taken away, We The People who actually own it will never get it back and that just not right. During these trying times in our economy why are the Marines trying to expand their largest training site. This will hurt the small buisness owners and the rural communities. Please take our side and speak up for this property before it’s too late. Thanks for your time."

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I sent letters last year and I called in today. I talked to congressman Drier's secretary and she will pass the message along.

Thanks for the info Ryan and for making a step-by-step explanation of what to do. It is so easy, nobody has an excuse not to do this. My message was short and sweet: I am saddened to hear that one of California's greatest ohv recreation areas is in danger of losing its trails to the Marines. Although I have never recreated there, I plan to someday, and I know there are few remaining places to recreate responsibly in that area. It would sadden me if the Marines expanded to one of our last great ohv meccas.

ID Bronco

I sent in comments last year and called all of the days this time. I thought it was maddening when I spoke to Rep. David Drier's office that the lady said, "he is retireing, so he isn't doing much anymore" That seemed like a wasted call but we have to keep trying.

Thanks,

Scott