Web design Program

Mope

Back in High School I was into this a bit....Years later I'd like to learn how to use it again, and possibly create some websites.

What software is your favorite and why?

Thanks

Jason

Caleb

I do 98% of my developing in a text editor of sorts. I generally use Coda or Textmate for the Mac. On the PC I use Notepad++. I've been trying to use Eclipse more on the PC, but I'm not familiar enough with it yet to make a permanent switch.

A popular one you may want to look in to is Dreamweaver. It can be a WYSIWYG editor or it can be a text editor. Lots of people use Dreamweaver. It's not cheap though. I own a copy of Dreamweaver (the whole suite actually) but still rarely use it except for school where all the lessons and such are in Dreamweaver.

1995zj

I'm addicted
I built my site using DreamWeaver. I like it a lot, it's pretty easy to learn and when you use it in conjunction with Fireworks it makes life pretty easy :)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Once you learn hand coding you cant go back. I use Coda and Espresso on the Mac and Notepad++ on pc.

Agreed!

Definitely learn/use hand coding... then you can use other programs like dreamweaver and become extremely efficient using their highlighted code views and preview panel while actually knowing what's going on instead of just piling a bunch of widgets & crap.

Mope

Thanks a million for your replies.
I need to really dive in and dedicate some time learning the programs you guys mentioned. I may need to take a class. It's been a few years, and things have sure changed.

Jason